The police are at it again - Terror suspect shot

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by Cavalier, Jun 2, 2006.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Man shot in anti-terrorism raid

A Man has been shot by police during a raid carried out under the Terrorism Act, Scotland Yard has said.

He was taken to a nearby hospital after police searched a house in Forest Gate, east London. Sources say the man's injuries are not life threatening.

A 23-year-old man has been arrested and is currently in custody at a central London police station.

The operation, early on Friday morning, was not linked to the London bombings of July 2005, police added.

The decision to launch the raid followed discussions between MI5, the anti-terrorist branch and the Health Protection Agency.

Link to the full story:

Wonder how this one's going to effect the anti-terror laws this time!
  2. The suspect isn't dead, therefore i guess he will be suing for damages and interrupted sleep, especially if he is guilty!
  3. MI5 Brazilian hit squad were involved in this opo so I guess its going to be a fcuk up! lets see what Sir Ian has to say. Please dont tell me Commander Cressida Dick was in charge at the time!!

The Suspect must have brewing something nasty as the Health Protection Agency were involved too, they deal with playing a critical role in protecting people from infectious diseases and in preventing harm when hazards involving chemicals, poisons or radiation occur.
  4. Watching the news now and the police all seem to be wearing NBC kit.
  5. APWT and ITD 4 all in one go.....
  6. Just had a thought... If this guy had access to CBRN stuff, why is he still alive? Are the Police endangering themselves and the public due to political pressures rather than operational reality?
  7. Mr Happy

Mr Happy LE Moderator

I imagine they're being a bit cautious after giving the good news to random bloke on the tube...

JJust a thought though, if the wound isn't life threatening and we're all trained for the stopping-shot in the centre of body mass did Plod have an ND?
  8. and you always hit target centre of mass do you?
  9. Given what happened in Madrid when police raided the bombers flat I think they should err on the side of caution and use Kratos in these circumstances. Saves the cost of a trial and the expense of keeping them in jail until they are released onto our streets without being considered for deportation.
  10. Mr Happy

Mr Happy LE Moderator

As it happens I do more than often not and I have a nice badge and a few medals from Bisley that say that.

But, to remind you of for room clearance and opening fire you fire until the target stops being a threat therefore: You kick in the door, bad guy has a shooter and behaves in a threatening manner and you open fire, if your first shot only grazes his hand or whatever you keep firing you aren't going to wait until you see how reacts because you are only 5-10' away and even untrained criminals can hit you with a pistol at that range so you would multiple shots - this time hopefully getting him in the CBM rather than on his left pinky. Like I say - sounds like an ND.

Edited to remind you that double tap is the 'norm'.
  11. Boys, doesn't say how often he was shot, just that he was engaged and hit sufficient to require hospital. Being hit CBM doesn't mean you will kill - especially if you have half the LAB standing by "just in case"..
  12. Mr Happy

Mr Happy LE Moderator

yes yes yes but a police spokesman saying a few hours after the incident that 'it was not life threatening' implies either an extremity hit, rubber bullet or tazer. It certainly does not mean, 'a double tap in the chest but he's gonna be alright' because if he did croak it Greenpeace/Al Quaida/every conspiracy theorist in the world will then say he died whilst being tortured by CIA/MI5. You only get statements like that when there's nil-0.00000001% chance of death
  13. Perhaps he will yield valuable intelligence material?
  14. Arik, he will probably sue the police and be released on a technicality if past experience of our judicial system is anything to go by.
  15. I am sure Amnesty Int'l would love to get their teeth stuck into this one. :D