The Police and the Home Office

Do the Home Office give local police any advance warning when about to carry out one of these operations? If so, was any local advice offered eg, I wouldn't go there pal "in the middle of Eid in the heart of a Muslim area"? Is there any question of a tip off having been given to local activists?
See post 2459 on the Police gone soft thread.
There would have been liaison before the event including background checks on the address visited and other research done.
There would have been uniformed plod assigned there at the time in the event too.
Probably some poor sod of a probationer in at the deep end.
It would be a 15 minute job in a normal street in a normal town and home in time for tea.
You wouldn't be doing that using those tactics on the Gaza Strip (Edgware Road, London W2) in broad daylight without some serious manpower.
Cats can be skinned in several different ways after all.
Although it does say a lot to me about the languid lifestyle of the average Guardianista when they think that 9am is a dawn raid.

It looks like Sturgeon can be added to the list of those removed from Post immediately

Time to ditch the Barnett formula so the English aren't subsidising the Scots and then see how happy they are with Queen Nippy using the reduced tax income paying for illegal immigrants' housing and healthcare and spending money. I don't know what the employment rate currently is in Scotland but I'm sure those who are struggling to find work would be more than delighted to face probably unfair competition against an illegal migrant for a job.

Time to ditch the Barnett formula

The Barnet Formula - A source of much discussion. Not something I am about to get into the rights and wrongs about. However, I have made my position clear. As a caveat to the next ' Once in a Generation Referendum ' the Barnet formula should cease ( and die permanently ) on the day of the Referendum. and let seaweed explain the ramifications of that to the electorate prior to the Referendum.

see how happy they are with Queen Nippy using the reduced tax income paying for illegal immigrants' housing and healthcare and spending money.

TBF - I think the figures for this would have most of the population up in arms if the true figures ever came to light, not just in Scotland.

I don't know what the employment rate currently is in Scotland

Currently running at 4.4%, a figure that does not mean much until the furlough scheme is ended.

TBF - I think the figures for this would have most of the population up in arms if the true figures ever came to light, not just in Scotland.
~£30k/ year to house a homeless person in Scotland due to Covid, probably similar if not more for an asylum seeker.

Meanwhile, ex-army colleague informs me of continued cuts to local authority adult mental health services.

sirbhp

LE
Book Reviewer
What exactly do special branch do ? are they full time coppers who do part time spooky stuff ??

Latest Threads