The Police and the Home Office

If they can't legally work or claim benefits, what are they doing here though and how have they managed to sustain themselves since 2016 =) ?
They would have been entitled to basic benefits until such time as their asylum applications including any appeal finally failed. Also, the Sikh community tends to be very good at supporting its own.

Do the Home Office give local police any advance warning when about to carry out one of these operations? If so, was any local advice offered eg, I wouldn't go there pal "in the middle of Eid in the heart of a Muslim area"? Is there any question of a tip off having been given to local activists?

Many won't agree, but I worry about unintended consequences. (I have worked with refugees and IDPs, mostly abroad but also with some experience of the UK asylum system.) Glasgow has been pretty good about accepting asylum seekers, which is on the whole a good thing and helpful to UK national interests, helping to relieve pressure on other areas.

If however the situation is allowed to develop that you can't ever detain a failed asylum seeker from that area, refugees can't be allocated there in the first place. Also, if a flash mob is likely to obstruct detentions, such operations would be carried out with greater haste and with less of the respect with which IMHO everybody should be treated whenever possible.

I see that today’s Sunday Times (Scottish edition and online anyway) has a piece by Alex Massie, who had obviously read my ARRSE posts before I wrote them, but he makes one point which I omitted. Which is that if an independent Scotland was to join the EU, it would still be required to enforce immigration rules. (Not to mention the implications for the land border with England, if it didn’t.)

Last edited:
If however the situation is allowed to develop that you can't ever detain a failed asylum seeker from that area, refugees can't be allocated there in the first place. Also, if a flash mob is likely to obstruct detentions, such operations would be carried out with greater haste and with less of the respect with which IMHO everybody should be treated whenever possible.
What I was hinting at in my previous post. Policing nowadays may be largely 'intelligence led' due to lack of numbers, and the two chaps in question will probably be picked up quietly by IO once things have settled down, the public message is that two individuals have failed in their bid to claim asylum/ legal residency here, compounded by a community that has obstructed security forces carrying out their lawful duty, further exacerbated by an MSP or MSPs making political capital out of the situation at the expense of the law of the land.

I'm all for successful asylum seekers and assisting them to successfully integrate, even if we overlook the fact they're not even claiming asylum in the next nearest safest country/ fleeing war torn France or whatever, however as you highlight this attitude is predicated on complying with lawful agencies and not obstructing them from carrying out their duties.

A handful of Scottish politicians have managed to further consolidate their local constituency voter bases, and the left leaning white middle class 'free Palestine' Scots can all pat themselves on the back for mob justice at the expense of the above anyway.

Multiple media reported and some are still reporting that the two gentlemen were Muslim, but I see that some including BBC have now changed this narrative to “in the heart of a Muslim community during Eid”.
Bet there wouldn't be the same leeway were those being sought Christians in the heart of a Christian community during Christmas.

Fairly sure illegal immigrants would know that they're illegal immigrants...

Fairly sure illegal immigrants know that they're illegal immigrants, but also fairly sure that they aren't on ze list for imminent arrest, detention and deportation.

If they thought they were due for 'processing' as they now definitely are, then going on the run and living as a fugitive would be a reasonable course of action.

Fairly sure illegal immigrants know that they're illegal immigrants, but also fairly sure that they aren't on ze list for imminent arrest, detention and deportation.

If they thought they were due for 'processing' as they now definitely are, then going on the run and living as a fugitive would be a reasonable course of action.
Ah, I understand what you meant now. TY.

I think that this whole debacle is not going to help the entirely legal process of deportation from the UK
(of people with no right to be in the UK) when the rule of law has been confronted, challenged and seen to publicly back down.
No wonder that last years figures are the lowest since records began apparently in 2004.
Just over 5,000 forcibly removed of which over 3,700 were already detained as offenders.
Compared to 35,000 asylum claims for last year.

The brutal reality is that once in the UK there is knack all chance of you being deported, unless you do a bit of porridge, there is even a whole industry dedicated to keeping you there.
Even the Home Office bends over backwards if you are going to be deported.

I think that this whole debacle is not going to help the entirely legal process of deportation from the UK
(of people with no right to be in the UK) when the rule of law has been confronted, challenged and seen to publicly back down.
No wonder that last years figures are the lowest since records began apparently in 2004.
Just over 5,000 forcibly removed of which over 3,700 were already detained as offenders.
Compared to 35,000 asylum claims for last year.

The brutal reality is that once in the UK there is knack all chance of you being deported, unless you do a bit of porridge, there is even a whole industry dedicated to keeping you there.
Even the Home Office bends over backwards if you are going to be deported.

That maybe down to COVID 19

If they can't legally work or claim benefits, what are they doing here though and how have they managed to sustain themselves since 2016 =) ?
There is a ready market in fake National Insurance cards and nearly all of them will be employed by British citizens of Indian heritage, especially in construction firms owned by such people. They will generally be paid far less than the minimun wage, and will not get things like sick pay, paid leave etc. They will probably live in a shed in a garden for which they will be charged rent. At best it will be twenty to a three bed semi. You just have to look at the programmes about Border Force on TV when they carry out raids on Indian restaurants half of their staff are nicked as illegals or overstayers.

The thing with Indian illegals when they destroy their passports and ID docs, even when they want to go home, they can't because the Indian High Commission is so slow in issueing replacement documents. Their are dozens of them living rough under the M4 flyover near Heston services on the western outskirts of London. They survive by getting a free mid day meal in the Hindu and Sikh temples in Southall. As part of their religion the local ladies cook a midday meal for the midday meal in the temple for the local poor and needy. This is not just for Hindu's or Sikh's, white British people, East Europeans and others are also welcome.

When doing Aid at various events at Sikh and Hindu temples during my service in the Met, they can't do enough for you, forever bringing you cups of tea, samosas, sweat meats and all sorts of other goodies.

Perhaps that might be so, but it was only 7,900 in 2019 down from nearly 16,000 in 2010.
For a first world nation with a finite limit on health, education and other public services those ever declining numbers should really be going the other way.
I think the whole of Europe needs to get a grip. Its something that has been festering for the last two decades. Especially since Merkels stupid decision in 2015. It will be the next big thing after Covid has been dealt with. Europe is bankrupt. Maybe the the immienent election of President Marine Le Pen will concentrate a few minds.

I think the whole of Europe needs to get a grip. Its something that has been festering for the last two decades.
If it doesn't, then the promised land will become no different than the war torn, dysfunctional shit-tips the immigrants are fleeing from.

Do the Home Office give local police any advance warning when about to carry out one of these operations? If so, was any local advice offered eg, I wouldn't go there pal "in the middle of Eid in the heart of a Muslim area"

Could you clarify please ?

Are you suggesting that there should be no - go Operational areas in the UK due to Cultural / Religious activities / festivals / holidays ?

The ramifications of that course of action is not apparent to you ?

UK Law / Enforcement should be 365 days a year, regardless of creed, colour, religion ( or any other woke crap )

Are you suggesting that there should be no - go Operational areas in the UK due to Cultural / Religious activities / festivals / holidays ?

The ramifications of that course of action is not apparent to you ?

UK Law / Enforcement should be 365 days a year, regardless of creed, colour, religion ( or any other woke crap )

Whoa there, I asked three questions, that’s all. (The third question being - was there any chance of a tip-off having been given to local activists? - i.e.as an indirect result of police liaison: was it a put up job or, as someone here put it, an “ambush”.)

If central government in Scotland is to make such a point of (according to them) the unwisdom or impropriety of the timing of the operation in what they repeatedly say is “in the heart of a Muslim area”, it seems reasonable to wonder whether Police Scotland offered any kind of operational background information to assist in planning and if so, what.

Last edited:
Whoa there, I asked three questions, that’s all.

Hence my:

As I pointed out in my OP

Police Scotland are at a minimum guilty of:

1. Buckling to mob rule.
2. Undermining the Home Office.

And very possibly ( at least an employee of ) actively collaborating with a mob.

I therefore expect to see / hear of heads rolling in the not too distant future.

Furthermore - Any Public Body Headshed, including Politicians, who come out with......

“in the heart of a Muslim area”,

....... When it is in relation to upholding the Law, should immediately be removed from Post.

ETA

It looks like Sturgeon can be added to the list of those removed from Post immediately

The men were released following negotiations on the scene and pressure from Nicola Sturgeon, who is the MSP for the constituency, on the UK Home Office which is responsible for immigration.

Latest Threads