The PMs Priorities.

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by Fugly, Mar 22, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Fugly

Fugly LE DirtyBAT

We've all seen the news, we've all read the threads, we've all shared the jokes. Take that to the NAAFI.

The fact remains that Gordon Brown, our Prime Minister, took time to say that after the passing of Jade Goody, he was "deeply saddened", and a whole load of other pointless soundbites.

What actual input/impact on the British political system did the former Big Brother "star" have? Zero. So why does he even need to comment on its passing? Votes. Back in the real world, soldiers, sailors and airmen are being killed on Operations, and our so-called "leader" does very little (on a picometric scale) to acknowledge this.

Every time someone is killed on an Operation that Gordon and his mate Tony made happen, where is the public announcement of their grief? Nowhere.

PtP, I apologise for the obvious rant, hole this as you see fit. It is just obvious where the priorities of the government lie - and it isn't with us.

2. Fugly for PM! :D

3. Gordon Browns main effort is getting re-elected, everything else is secondary to that. His calculation is that his statement will get a few more votes.

4. An awful lot of Labour voters will idolise her though, Gordon will need every vote he can get to avoid being the only PM not to win an election!

5. Nor will they vote, it's too tiring to think about. Better to watch more TV.

6. Fugly

Fugly LE DirtyBAT

I couldn't care less what the chavs think. It's about what the alleged "leaders" of our country think.

7. Are you kidding?

The nasty conservatives might actually make them get a job! Much easier to keep Labour in and watch Jeremy Kyle all day.

8. Nah, that's thinking, far to hard, let's watch more TV instead.

9. Fugly

Fugly LE DirtyBAT

I've no doubt that this thread is destined for the hole, but it would be nice if the usual CA heavyweights could actually explain why the death of a civilian (who has offered nothing to society other than the fact that you can get rich with the right publicist no matter how dim you are) would spur the PM to make such a "heartfelt"/votewinning* statement that he doesn't feel inclined to whenever someone HE is responsible for is killed overseas.

*delete first option.

10. Surely its because these tw@ts elected into a position of responsobility have gained the so called 'celebrity' status they can come into the living rooms and jail cells of every cnut via technology advancements, and proclaim their concern for the electorate.The spawn of this was when Tone invited such tw@ts as the Gallaghers to downing street in 1997.And we all know how the Jocks love a 'leader' and how impressionable they are.(sorry for mong spelling and grammer)i'm a thick cnut.You have every right to rant dear fellow,even my dear old mothers toes curled when she heard Gordys statement over St Jades demise pre the politics show earlier on the bbc,she then went into a rant that any arrser would be proud of bless her. :x

11. You missed out the rich puffs bit mate. lol:

12. Only Mandy?,oh come on if you're not a raving hermer you have no chance. :wink:

13. He hasn't got a lot of choice, for 11 years he strode the political firmament informing anyone who'd listen that he was the saviour, the architect of a new financial order, he had abolished boom and bust. Now it's come back to bite him, he either believed what he was saying or he was lying or he didn't understand what he was saying. He isn't fit to hold his office, he is the shop floor worker who knows how to run the company. If he had any moral fibre he'd resign.

14. Well said sir. :salut:

15. He certainly gets my vote.

****ing Brown, incredible comments, what a fuckwit