The PhotEx Subject Matter Expert (SME) thread

Wordsmith

LE
Book Reviewer
It seems a pity not to document the many area PhotEx has expertise in, so I've started this thread for the purpose. I'll open the bidding with Naval Historian. This was his response when asked what his expertise in the field was...

If I cant be bothered to go and do the research myself, I ring up the RN Historical Branch or the appropriate archive and get them to do it for me. And if we want to play tops trumps, I have some of my work in the national archive as documents of record.
Further examples of our resident polymath's expertise welcome.

Wordsmith :smile:

Ah bless, she's thrown a teddy
:crying::crying::crying:

Boris_Johnson

ADC
DirtyBAT
Someone else who needs a refresher of the forum rules:

In particular this:

2. General Boards.

These are the bulk of the site and consist of everything not included in the Serious Boards and the NAAFI. Banter, obtuse posts and ignorant comment are often the norm but we will moderate (ie police) against:

a. Thread hijacking where an argument/slagging match is carried over from elsewhere.
b. Totally pointless points.
c. Extreme swearing and abuse of other users.

Thread moved. Carry on...

NSP

LE
Is it worth me adding this to my "watched" list or is it going to collect a padlock icon in short order...?

P.O.N.T.I

War Hero
I have taken loads of drugs (prescribed) this week..........but I am sure it is not Friday....
.........Warfarin Wednesday perhaps?

Wordsmith

LE
Book Reviewer
Someone else who needs a refresher of the forum rules:

Thread moved. Carry on...
Whoop's - my wrist is stinging from that slap. But as you've moved the thread, you won't mind me quoting you...

I have no issue with Meerkatzzz - mainly because I rarely comment on the type of threads he/she does (see - I don't even know if it's male or female) as they tend to be full of know-it-all gopping bare-chested civvies arguing amongst one another, whilst clearly full of worthless political views and almost certainly lacking in bicep.

It seems a pity not to document the many area PhotEx has expertise in, so I've started this thread for the purpose. I'll open the bidding with Naval Historian. This was his response when asked what his expertise in the field was...

Further examples of our resident polymath's expertise welcome.

Anything to do with land platforms, same for air platforms, anything to do with bigging up Vlad and doing down the UK, particularly our military equipment, the Royal Family, racism, xenophobia and Little England (I admit he really is an expert on the last three there).

Oh and the view from his dacha.

Latest Threads