The Phoenix Think Tank

Discussion in 'Royal Navy' started by Magic_Mushroom, Nov 29, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Just after Mr Ward posted a more balanced piece, I see the good Mr Clarke et al have rolled back in with another appallingly inaccurate and prejudiced piece.

The Strategic Defence and Security Review: a critique. « The Phoenix Think Tank

It is so breathtakingly poor I'm not quite sure where to start! Yet again, he can't even get basic facts correct (eg Future Tanker/Transport Aircraft (FTTA) rather than Future Strategic Tanker Aircraft (FSTA))!

His thoughts on RAPTOR and CAS in particular display considerable ignorance regarding even the basics of how ISR and CAS tasking works on current ops, much less HERRICK. Does he honestly believe that Land forces want recce ingest points at each patrol base?! Has he ever stopped to consider that there may just be the odd network to get product to the outlying patrol bases from KAF?! Or perhaps he thinks patrol bases had the 'right equipment' to receive Harrier Digital Joint Recce Pod (DJRP) product directly?!

Once again, his personal prejudices (which I suggest would be evident to even the most uninformed reader) have been allowed to undermine the odd valid argument (eg the impact of cancelling the MRA4).

I really don’t know where to start! However, that's fairly academic given that he's ensured that 'comments are currently closed'.

Regards,
    MM