The Philippian Period

As it's a wet afternoon at work, I've been left with spare time to think, and the thought occured to me, but are we in a new period of history?
Like we have the Edwardian and Victorian periods, are we exiting the Philippian period?

First off, I know, it should be Elizabethan period, but historians love neatness, and clumping things together, plus, I'd rather the queen's region not end yet. Equally, technically the period should start in the 50s. However, this is not as fixed as you'd think. For example you have the principal of the Victorian period stretching from the end of the Napoleonic Wars to 1914. Or the concept of the Long 60s. Both these are accepted ideas within history circles, but require fudging of dates.

We have Cv19, the collapse of labour, and hopefully the retreat of the woke (for want of a better word). We are also about to loose the last living links to the two great wars.
Equally, we have the world remade with BREXIT, and Britain's new found place. I would character the feeling as the UK no longer being so timid, and moving back into the lime light on the world stage.

All this has happened in two very busy years, which makes it a prime target for pigeonholing by historians.

As it's a wet afternoon at work, I've been left with spare time to think, and the thought occured to me, but are we in a new period of history?
Like we have the Edwardian and Victorian periods, are we exiting the Philippian period?

First off, I know, it should be Elizabethan period, but historians love neatness, and clumping things together, plus, I'd rather the queen's region not end yet. Equally, technically the period should start in the 50s. However, this is not as fixed as you'd think. For example you have the principal of the Victorian period stretching from the end of the Napoleonic Wars to 1914. Or the concept of the Long 60s. Both these are accepted ideas within history circles, but require fudging of dates.

We have Cv19, the collapse of labour, and hopefully the retreat of the woke (for want of a better word). We are also about to loose the last living links to the two great wars.
Equally, we have the world remade with BREXIT, and Britain's new found place. I would character the feeling as the UK no longer being so timid, and moving back into the lime light on the world stage.

All this has happened in two very busy years, which makes it a prime target for pigeonholing by historians.
And there was me thinking at first it was going to be to do with Phillip of Macedon. Close but no banana. My principle problem with that was that Phillip never had a regency, so I believe your’e stuck with Second Elizabethan. Still apt, First Elizabethan, start of empire second, the end of it. Classic to the argument over sovereignty, the Devine right of Parliament and Parliaments usurpation of the queens rights in terms of Sovereignty and we have yet to see how that pans out.

Latest Threads