The Phelps Family - Basingstoke 20/02/09

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by chrisg46, Feb 16, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. chrisg46

chrisg46 LE Book Reviewer

Just thought i would let everyone know that the despicable Phelps family from the US (the ones who cheer at funerals of dead soldiers) are protesting in Basingstoke this coming Friday.

There is a Facebook group about, but i cant post the link from this computer, i will later on unless someone finds it and posts it in the meantime.

The general plan is to hold a counter protest at Queen Marys College, Friday 20th, from 1845-1930.
  2. They let these guys in but turn away a dutch MP - the World has gone mad!
  3. chrisg46

That thought had occured here too.
  4. my town; why Basingstoke?
  5. chrisg46

I believe there is some kind of gay rights play on that they have taken issue to.
  6. couple of homosexuals at work - might ask them if they know anything about it
  7. They are bonkers: Phelps and his "family" believe soldiers deaths are divine punishment on countries that permit homosexuality.

What are the chances of them getting the same treatment as that gobby Dutch MP??
  8. Someone please pop one of them right in the forehead.

Is basingstoke a rough place? Maybe they will get taken out by some drunk fuckhead?
  9. Not a chance - they haven't said anything about muslims yet :roll:

I think they should be allowed in and then mercilessly taunted and ridiculed as all loonies should be :D
  10. Command_doh

Command_doh LE Book Reviewer

I suspect there will be an investigation into why this family were allowed into the country. Obviously there were not on any 'lists', but they are still 'non conducive to the public good'. We can only assume they misled the Immigration Officer on arrival, as 'provoking hate, misery and cheering at the funeral cortege's of fallen soldiers' is not usually a legitimate reason for seeking entry to the United Kingdom as a 'visitor'. The Officer probably had no clue who they were either.

I think there is potential here for a retrospective enforcement case, I.E. removal from these shores. The red rags will be all over this like a rash. Further embarassment for the Politburo at No.10. then, but nothing the
    Fingermen can't silence...

Wait a minute. Where is the link showing they are already here? All we have is an article from 2007, showing the Phelp's family history of provocation. Are they even on these shores? Evidence would be nice...
  11. Can we not arrest them on arrival for saying this? I'd gladly rearrange their faces with a lead pipe if there's no other way.
  12. That pissed me off a little :x