• ARRSE have partnered with Armadillo Merino to bring you an ARRSE exclusive, generous discount offer on their full price range.
    To keep you warm with the best of Merino gear, visit www.armadillomerino.co.uk and use the code: NEWARRSE40 at the checkout to get 40% off!
    This superb deal has been generously offered to us by Armadillo Merino and is valid until midnight on the the 28th of February.

The Phelps Family - Basingstoke 20/02/09

chrisg46

LE
Book Reviewer
Just thought i would let everyone know that the despicable Phelps family from the US (the ones who cheer at funerals of dead soldiers) are protesting in Basingstoke this coming Friday.

There is a Facebook group about, but i cant post the link from this computer, i will later on unless someone finds it and posts it in the meantime.

The general plan is to hold a counter protest at Queen Marys College, Friday 20th, from 1845-1930.

chrisg46 said:
Just thought i would let everyone know that the despicable Phelps family from the US (the ones who cheer at funerals of dead soldiers) are protesting in Basingstoke this coming Friday.

There is a Facebook group about, but i cant post the link from this computer, i will later on unless someone finds it and posts it in the meantime.

The general plan is to hold a counter protest at Queen Marys College, Friday 20th, from 1845-1930.
They let these guys in but turn away a dutch MP - the World has gone mad!

chrisg46

LE
Book Reviewer
sanchauk said:
chrisg46 said:

They let these guys in but turn away a dutch MP - the World has gone mad!
That thought had occured here too.

They are bonkers: Phelps and his "family" believe soldiers deaths are divine punishment on countries that permit homosexuality.

What are the chances of them getting the same treatment as that gobby Dutch MP??

Someone please pop one of them right in the forehead.

Is basingstoke a rough place? Maybe they will get taken out by some drunk fuckhead?

Blogg said:
They are bonkers: Phelps and his "family" believe soldiers deaths are divine punishment on countries that permit homosexuality.

What are the chances of them getting the same treatment as that gobby Dutch MP??
Not a chance - they haven't said anything about muslims yet :roll:

I think they should be allowed in and then mercilessly taunted and ridiculed as all loonies should be :D

Command_doh

LE
Book Reviewer
I suspect there will be an investigation into why this family were allowed into the country. Obviously there were not on any 'lists', but they are still 'non conducive to the public good'. We can only assume they misled the Immigration Officer on arrival, as 'provoking hate, misery and cheering at the funeral cortege's of fallen soldiers' is not usually a legitimate reason for seeking entry to the United Kingdom as a 'visitor'. The Officer probably had no clue who they were either.

I think there is potential here for a retrospective enforcement case, I.E. removal from these shores. The red rags will be all over this like a rash. Further embarassment for the Politburo at No.10. then, but nothing the
Fingermen can't silence...

Wait a minute. Where is the link showing they are already here? All we have is an article from 2007, showing the Phelp's family history of provocation. Are they even on these shores? Evidence would be nice...

"God Hates England; Your Queen Is A Whore; You Hate God; God Hates You; You're Going to Hell; Matt Is In Hell; Hell Is Real Ask Matt; God Hates Fags (Buggers); Obey God, etc.
Can we not arrest them on arrival for saying this? I'd gladly rearrange their faces with a lead pipe if there's no other way.

Command_doh

LE
Book Reviewer
I suspect that not only will they be allowed to protest, but we as taxpayers will have to foot the bill for umpteen coppers to ensure their safety.
I can guarantee you, if the Home Office is not aware of this, they will be soon. Or it is down to people like us to inform the newspapers, it being the proverbial red rag to the bull.

I cannot emphasise enough - Coming here to call for the death of homosexuals, laugh at our war dead, abuse our Monarch and condemn us all to 'hell' is NOT A LEGITIMATE REASON FOR ENTRY to the United Kingdom as a visitor. Likewise, if he applied for a visa for his purpose of entry (even though U.S. citizens do not need them, it is a 'pre - clearance' to come), he would be refused that also.

Trust me, He WILL be exluded, but only if we know he is actually coming. I do hope someone at the Home Office is aware of this. I will find that out soon, but not today sadly.

Ahh I remember now: these are the scum who managed to wind things up so much that groups of bikers turned up at their "protests" to drown them out. (And hopefully fill them in.)

Hmmm...surely if they cause a breach of the peace, then because of the "intolerance" element vis a vis our pink bretheren they will be charged with a "hate crime"? Obviously they are unaware that their first amendment right to freedom of speech does not apply in Blair's...oops...Brown's Britain?

If charged and convicted here, they will probably not get a custodial sentence, regrettably. They might of course opt for the martyrdom ploy and refuse to pay their fine. However they will merely be deported and once safely home in the usa claim that they were merely exercising their constituitional rights.

So essentially all we can hope for is that a bus accidentally leaves the road near their demo. do we have any North Hants based VMs on here?

Latest Threads