The PFA is dead. Long live the PFA!

As important as I am (and I am f*cking self important), its not according to me, its according to MATT 2 (Issue 10 Apr 18), Sect 1 (Policy), Page 1.3, Para 20 to be precise ^~
Hmm that would indicate the Really?_fascinating was a lying **** when he said he had kicked out people for failing.

Our unit have been told the PFA run is to be replaced by a session on a Watt bike. Press ups/sit ups and the TAB will stay the same as far as I'm aware.
The watt bike test was/is supposed to be for biffs.

The watt bike test was/is supposed to be for biffs.
The Alternative Aerobic Assessment (A3), Referenced in MATT 2, Page 1.1 (footnote 1), which directs the reader to ABN 154/15 (medical suitability to participate in the A3), which directs the user to 2015DIN07-061 (A3).

In summary, Yes ^~

An Average bloke with body armour and webbing would be about 120kg so it could be ?
Aye, and a bloody big marine to carry them may not have a problem but a ten stone girlie may have a slight difficulty so where will the line be drawn to encompass all, unless there's going to be different grades for different folks. :cool:

ugly

LE
Nearly 23 years I've served and right at the end of my time they make the tests easier. Where the **** were this modern progressive lot when I was a tom who had been drinking until 3 in morning only to find the SSM calling a "surprise" BFT/BPFA/PFT/PFA a few hours later?

How coincidental that the army wants more females in the teeth arms at the same time "modernising" their fitness test
I could have served longer with these tests, my legs and back were shagged when I was 23, I squeezed another 3 years out but by then even one of my shoulders had gone too. All those 8 milers back from the ranges at Hythe did no end of damage to me as a teenager.

Aye, and a bloody big marine to carry them may not have a problem but a ten stone girlie may have a slight difficulty so where will the line be drawn to encompass all, unless there's going to be different grades for different folks. :cool:
Of course there will be, and when wimmin are rightfully sent to improve the lot of those engaged in DCC, the enemy will be graded accordingly, as will the kit and ammunition they'll have to carry.

Get with the 21st century, you phallocentric dinosaur :)

Join the RAF and walk to work...annual fitness test passed..

Duty rumour at our place is that the AFT is being shitcanned as well it and the PFT are being replaced by one test.

Ive also been told that its role specific, so for a supplier the ability to roll out of bed in the morning with probably be the benchmark.
role specific even within the same capbadge, e.g. would some roles in RLC have higher requirements than others??

role specific even within the same capbadge, e.g. would some roles in RLC have higher requirements than others??
Probably. Im sure the Pioneers used to carry 25kgs while the rest of us did 15kgs.

Of course there will be, and when wimmin are rightfully sent to improve the lot of those engaged in DCC, the enemy will be graded accordingly, as will the kit and ammunition they'll have to carry.

Get with the 21st century, you phallocentric dinosaur :)
To be fair we have Combat Arm STABs - so fitness isn’t an absolute requirement and plenty of women have served in the DCC role on Operations.

More details and bits and bobs etc.. are in this month's Soldier:

Soldier Magazine
A bit scant on details of the new tests.

I notice that the PTI Corps for the last few decades have said how great (and fair) the PFT was and are now back-pedalling. What have they been getting paid for?
I also liked the remark (bottom right on page 33) that the RAPTC are moving into the 21st century, nearly everyone else managed that 2 decades ago you bellthronks.

It wont affect me because I'm going, but I predict a dip in fitness resulting in those who do visit the gym in their own time getting bum raped for the more intense exercises/competitions/deployment while Fatty McChubster gets the cushy numbers.

The PFA is dead. Long live the PFA!

Whew. And there was me thinking that Para Field Ambulance was for the chop! Oh.... hang on a minute...….

Duty rumour at our place is that the AFT is being shitcanned as well it and the PFT are being replaced by one test.

Ive also been told that its role specific, so for a supplier the ability to roll out of bed in the morning with probably be the benchmark.
So much for 'soldier first'.

Sarastro

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
- casualty lift/carry of 120kg dummy
Sounds unlikely. The current dummies are in the region of 60-80kg. I think someone has misread the lbs as kgs. That's not to say it's unrealistic (80-90kg bloke + 30kg of kit), but still.

Anyway, if that were to be the test, then everyone in non-combat arms would be failing it and probably more importantly, it would incur huge numbers of injuries from incorrect lifting. Doesn't sound like an ideal general fitness test.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
BFPO The Training Wing 47
W AGC, RAPTC and SASC 9
Davros_the_Dalek The Intelligence Cell 2