The people you meet...

Discussion in 'The NAAFI Bar' started by Cuddles, Oct 26, 2005.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I recently went to a dinner party at a friend's house. Present were three other couples, including two nice young men. One of them was so RMAS-clone it could not be true and after TQ over a bottle of Rioja he broke down and confessed that he had indeed been an officer in the Army. He had left as a Captain after six years because he felt he was unable to be himself and live in accordance with his sexual orientation. "Oh-ho" quipped I "you should have applied for a job in 3 Para mortars.."

He smiled in a "funny way" and went on to explain that it was precisely that sort of thing which had led him to PVR. I was momentarily aghast and thought "Another day when I write in my diary "Bugger!"" He then smiled in a normal way and said he was just joking and had in fact been in Spt Coy 1 PARA at one point! He had wah-ed me good and proper. I was toast...he did however later prove to have a good eye for interior design and to know more about West End musicals than was appropriate for a young man...
  2. Did you make a move on him or not?
  3. maninblack

maninblack LE Book Reviewer

Could he tell you the effective range of an 81mm?
  4. lol... you ended up in the sack didnt you ;)
  5. The effective range of an 81mm mortar? I wasn't aware that any of the infantry's play artillery had effective ranges. 13 rounds a minute of nothing in particular, is still nothing in particular - whereas 1Rd FFE of 155mm is very effective, every time!

No I refused his obvious come-on, despite being strangely interested by the idea of a human baseplate...
  6. And you thought it was your chick playing footsie under the table...... :lol:
  7. Hope you were the giver and not the taker?