The path of self destruction. Why can't some blokes avoid it?

Personal Responsibility is all about submitting your own will to a higher power and a tidied bedroom and a child who is clean can at the basic level flow all sorts of positive effects in life. Most parents who care for their kids try to in-culture that stoic ideal and a morally principled way of thinking that Peterson referenced constantly in relation to life lessons from the bible as ways to avoid many of the dangerous lines of thought that flow from a persons out-of-control 'self'.

The problem with Hector and his analysis is its predicated on self pity projected onto others and a large dose of ideological possession. The idea, that you can simply delete your past to resolve problems, or in the present run away from the problems as Prince Harry did, or most silly of all that you control the future is exactly why mental health is a war with yourself and everything around you and to avoid externalising that war, you need something stoic and better still maintain that stoicism with your self.
No, that is you projecting your delusions on me.
Your stoicism isn't Stoicism.
It is some thinly disguised and muddled deism, what with "higher powers". It seems to have borrowed catchphrases from Peterson, from the 12 Steps of Alcoholics Anonymous, and I doubt God is terribly concerned about the state of one's bed linen.

I never said, at any point, that you can delete your past or run away from it.
At all.
Ever.
Or control the future. (I don't know where you made that crap up from. Probably the voices in your head.)

Being aware of your own limits is not self pity. It is explicitly and obviously self awareness. "Know Thyself".

The reason people crack up without warning is because they exceed their limits, and can't cope. Stoicism doesn't help with that.

Mental health is not war with yourself because that, by definition, makes you your own worst enemy. It's not a war against everything around you, because circumstances and events don't intend to defeat you. They just occur. If the only way to "win" this spurious war is to stoically endure the assaults of your own mind, then you are eventually going to lose.

No, that is you projecting your delusions on me.
Your stoicism isn't Stoicism.
It is some thinly disguised and muddled deism, what with "higher powers". It seems to have borrowed catchphrases from Peterson, from the 12 Steps of Alcoholics Anonymous, and I doubt God is terribly concerned about the state of one's bed linen.

I never said, at any point, that you can delete your past or run away from it.
At all.
Ever.
Or control the future. (I don't know where you made that crap up from. Probably the voices in your head.)

Being aware of your own limits is not self pity. It is explicitly and obviously self awareness. "Know Thyself".

The reason people crack up without warning is because they exceed their limits, and can't cope. Stoicism doesn't help with that.

Mental health is not war with yourself because that, by definition, makes you your own worst enemy. It's not a war against everything around you, because circumstances and events don't intend to defeat you. They just occur. If the only way to "win" this spurious war is to stoically endure the assaults of your own mind, then you are eventually going to lose.
Very thought provoking sir.

My personal experience is my bests friends father went from normal to arrested and sectioned in 6 months . His brain flat out broke . No underlying issues at all . One day his head worked properly the next it didn't . It just broke. It's broken a bit more recently . Can happen to anyone anytime for no reason at all . It just broke . Frightening.

Issi

LE
The blokes I don’t understand are the ones on their 3rd or 4th marriage - I believe the record amongst my peer group is 5 marriages. WTF - mental!

24 yr old chap I worked with in Cyprus had been engaged 8 times when I met him.
He then proposed to no 9, a local singer who he’d known for 3 weekends.