• ARRSE have partnered with Armadillo Merino to bring you an ARRSE exclusive, generous discount offer on their full price range.
    To keep you warm with the best of Merino gear, visit www.armadillomerino.co.uk and use the code: NEWARRSE40 at the checkout to get 40% off!
    This superb deal has been generously offered to us by Armadillo Merino and is valid until midnight on the the 28th of February.

The Passing of the 'Yellow Handbag'

The ex RCT Chappie who delivered my.....'self taken photos, Post 10265'
informed me, with a tear in his eye, that Herfy is now sold in crates and
try as he might, scouring all available outlets in the Bielesmelled area,
he could find no trace of the legendary 'Yellow'

Is this iconic item to pass into folklore with a whimper?

Are we, the fabled few(left), going to let this happen?

To Arms, say I, don the DPM, dig out the Long Gun, fire up the 'Beasts'

Gustav and Georg Uekermann need to be informed of this dastardly deed.

Archduke Franz Ferdinand......Poland...... Herforder, it's time.

Remember that there is no problem that cannot be solved by the use
of high explosives.

Sadly I can confirm the demise of this iconic yellow handbag. A ex-pads brat neighbour was tasked with procuring one of these said items whilst visiting Herford earlier this year. He came back empty handed, his task incomplete.

Tesco purchased Krombacher just doesn't cut the senf.

To arms, I say, to arms.

B

bokkatankie

This is very sad news indeed, they were perfectly designed to fit in every bin on a tank, the world will never be the same again.

This alone is reason enough to fight our way out of Europe, after all it made you want to fight everybody else. Has Billy Hague been informed? "Oi slaphead, forget Syria, get this sorted out you fat ponce". A tad over the top perhaps.

Many a shed car in BAOR passed its BFG Inspection by REME VM's when the suspension was corrected to the right position by yellow handbags in the boot by the owner.

For a while I was under the impression that a 'handbag' was some arcane unit of currency, as many favours were rated as; 'That'll cost a couple of handbags' a continental version of the 'slab' I then realised, and in an emergency you could drink it!

It's not a well known fact, but the issued kitbag was designed to fit 4 handbags enabling a one-handed covert transport of enough rations for an average 'Active Edge'

mercurydancer

LE
Book Reviewer
I once diagnosed some soldiers as suffering from "Herfy Poisoning" It reduced HM's finest to a greenish wreck of a human, and lordy did that poisoning spread! I have known whole sections to be affected by it simultaneously. I can confirm that I myself suffered from that affliction. If anyone remembers Pinkus Muller's bar in Munster you will know that this place was a source of this dread disease.

mercurydancer

LE
Book Reviewer
Herford's? Mediocre at best.

But that applies to all the major breweries in my opinion.

Beer snob. I bet you're one of those real ale bods who debate that a Cumbrian "Old Scrotum's dark ale" is superior to a west country "Farmer's Bum Dripping"

But that first bottle of Herfy after we got back to the blocks was divine. The 10th bottle probably got spilt, the 15th bottle may have been poured down my trousers and possibly the 20th bottle may have been sticking out of said trousers as a comedy dick whilst I was pretending to be a garden gnome but the first one was divine.

Personally, I preferred the draft, particularly from Papillon in the centre of Bielefeld. A friend told me that Herfor had a water problem and the beer had changed from its previous amber nectar glory. I also heard that crates (and the resultant pfand) are now mandatory given the eco-green issue. Farewell tha handbag.

Latest Threads