The Parachute Regiment

I appologise in advance if this has been posted before, as I'm sure it has, and I did try to find some info with the search button but no luck. Hoping to join the Paras in the next year or so would be good to get some info from some serving or ex members if theres any on here. Any help with training etc would be much appriciated.

Thanks, Alex.

If you are ever in Hyderabad Baracks and drop ths soap in the shower, ensure you bend at the knees to pick it up.

Join a civvie parachuting club (then you won't have to do the jumps course after P Coy).

loaded_not_ready said:
Join a civvie parachuting club (then you won't have to do the jumps course after P Coy).
And if you walk up to your PTI and say "I don't need to do P coy, I'm fit enough already", then they give you an automatic pass. :roll:

loaded_not_ready said:
Just get your fitness up to scratch .

You will still have to do your jumps whether your in a civvie club or not .

Come to the course well prepared and keen , you should breeze it

Start buying kit now like webbing , gps , beret , sas smock etc so you show the DS your keen . and if your confident of passing get a regimental tattoo it,ll show your instructors you mean business and are commited to the regiment

any more questions just ask

cheers kc1982kc

kc1982kc said:
loaded_not_ready said:

Start buying kit now like webbing , gps , beret , sas smock etc so you show the DS your keen . and if your confident of passing get a regimental tattoo it,ll show your instructors you mean business and are commited to the regiment

cheers kc1982kc

evil. :twisted:

kc1982kc said:
loaded_not_ready said:

cheers kc1982kc
i suppose you would know all about the paras wouldnt you? seeing as though your a HAT

Suedehead said:
kc1982kc said:
loaded_not_ready said:

cheers kc1982kc
i suppose you would know all about the paras wouldnt you? seeing as though your a HAT
Explain ?

check your PM ( by the way that stands for private message )

Those that are currently in or have been in recently, what is a general working week like in PReg? Is it similar to other Infantry regiments or do you have different things to do? I suppose If I put my question into context; "IF" I pass my requirements for ADSC then also do the six months at Catterick and "IF" I pass P Coy, what will I be doing when I get to battalion to begin with? Also which battalion would someone who has recently passed P Coy start in? I have just got a keen interest is all.

Oh and the all important question, what is the social life like within the Paras?

Cheers.