The Parachute Regiment

Discussion in 'Join the Army - Regular Soldier Recruitment' started by moe67812, Nov 14, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hello, I just wanted the opinion of serving or ex infantry on weather or not there is really such thing as an ''elite unit'' anymore. I’ve always wanted to join the infantry at some stage in my life and i think now is the right time for me at 19.
    I want to join the best infantry unit open to me, which in my eyes would be the parachute regiment, however recently I’ve heard allot of negativity pointed towards the paras. You know the usual, ''you don’t jump anymore so what’s the point in being airborne'' and ''your trainings no better than anyone else’s type of thing''. It makes me wonder do they have a point?, is the paras training any better?
    I’ve also recently had a look at the royal marines, are they above or at the same standard as the paras or is there any way to tell really.
    Any replies will be greatly appreciated.
  2. Oh dear,stand by for 5 pages of sh1te :D
  3. more like fukin 55 :x :!: :!: :!: :x :twisted: :evil: :wink:

4. Wah

Go Queens own mess tin repair unit, they top the lot.

Failing that, try the Royal Regt of Waltshire.
  5. Pararegtom

Pararegtom LE Book Reviewer

6. Like moths to the flame, let the fun begin :D :D
  7. Paras are de bizz and dead 'ard. Parachuting iz 4 d craphats. Me homies in de Regt are massive!
  8. Similar to this my friend told me that P company has been re-arranged now in the fact that it is an attendance course rather than pass fail, and that all the things that were once dead 'ard are now 'dead easy'. Also I heard speculation the airborne shuffle is now referred to as the 'bimble'. Is this true? My mates proper solid like he said he was refused from 'them' for racing the DS
  9. Yes it's true. P Company now consists of a 1.5 mile PFT carrying a handbag which has to be completed in 20 minutes. The milling is now a 'dance off' with the best dancer getting maximum points. The tranasium is now conducted at 'Go Bananas' where the would be Paras have to beat the kids or at least most of them.
  10. All very constructive indeed.

Seriously though what is the difference between a normal infantry units training and the parachute regiments ?? I know the fitness side of things differ greatly but surley that cant be all that goes into it ??

And whats a wah ??

Come on im learning ?

And is there anywhere on this forum this might have been better posted ?
  11. JINGO

JINGO War Hero Book Reviewer

Jesus, I call double wah early.
  12. Here we go the routine para's/marines/sas/RAF are crap/gods/girls/awesome/gay/ delete as applicalbe.

Locked, see you in the next one!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.