Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to join our community
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site, connect with other members through your own private inbox and will receive smaller adverts!

The padres off to Baghdad

Read all about it...

I wish him the very best. It's thirty years or so since he and I leathered each other in the milling ring, and if there's one thing I learned then it's not to underestimate a Godbotherer's determination. Or his right hook, for that matter. I hope he makes a difference over there.

(Yes, he won the match. He had the DS on his side. Well, that's my excuse.)

Good luck to him, he's got a very big hill to climb but hearts and minds is the only way forward, short of the pull out and nuke option. 8O

An excellent article - I remember him in the Falklands (not personally) reminding paras if they thought about their dog when they thought they were about to die. Evidently he had a few dogs under his command.

Whiskybreath said:
I wish him the very best. It's thirty years or so since he and I leathered each other in the milling ring, and if there's one thing I learned then it's not to underestimate a Godbotherer's determination. Or his right hook, for that matter.

Or his ability to hit what he aims at...

Strangely, at one point there were two padres in the TA SB target rifle team. Church Militant, anyone?

The Padre's come across as a good bloke.
john
However
"Aegis's £300m contract with the US government" tells another story.