The other Army v Navy Game. Cricket, Lords 6Aug09(?)

Discussion in 'Sports, Adventure Training and Events' started by BuggerAll, Jul 16, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. BuggerAll

BuggerAll LE Reviewer Book Reviewer

I saw an advert for this in the middle of Portsmouth. As I was on my bike I wasn't able to take down any details. A quick google search did not come up with the goods either.

Anyone know anything about it? Is it a good day out? The Mrs and I have never been to a Cricket match (Scots): Any comments gratefully received.

2. BuggerAll

Mong googling on my part. I was using fast search or some such. When I actually Googled I found what I was after. Army v Navy Cricket.

The rest of my questions still stand. Is it a good day out?

3. BuggerAll

Arrse doesn't do Cricket then?

4. I went last year. From a cricket perspective it's obviously a good venue but the match was very dull and ended in an all too predictable draw. Far better if they made it a 40 or 50 over game which would at least ensure a result.

Socially, much the same as the rugby but with far less people. A group of us wandered out on the streets of Londunium after the game and end up in various states of disarray by the next morning. The Harrier pilot ended up staying with a scary slapper with odd teeth and the Bootneck ended up on the floor next to the vending machine at the UJC surrounded by crisps. Those of us from the more sensible service went to bed and woke up with large hangovers. Business as usual really. Needless to say we didn't invite any Crabs along; partly because it was the Army vs Navy game but mainly because they are mostly tw_ats.

5. BuggerAll

An interesting match - a fairly convincing win for the Army. It was more like being at a cocktail party than a sporting occasion. Had a few sherberts in the Lord's Tavern after the match and had to be poured into a taxi for the return journey to the VSC.

Apologies to the person sitting in front of me who got hit by the cork that shot out of the bubbly.

Needs more people to go.

6. The RAF are VERY cross that it is only the Army -v- Navy at Lord's. :D