The only way is Essex. Is kit time for some instant sunshine.

Discussion in 'The NAAFI Bar' started by Gobbly wobbly, Apr 24, 2011.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I didn't mean to, I was waiting for the whole ten yards to start and I accidentally caught the last twenty minutes of the above program. I am seriously ashamed of myself, I'm more ashamed of being part of the same nation as these talentless fuckwits. A more patriotic man than me would console themselves with the fact that they are English rather than Welsh but unfortunately I can imagine the same inane conversations done in a valleys accent.

So the solution, to quote Kenny Everret, round em up, put em in a field and bomb the baaaassssstttarrds.

Any other suggestions?

2. Trans-sane

Trans-sane LE Book Reviewer

Insufficient. Based on an overheard convo at work between two of the female drones I'd suggest rounding up anyone who has watched more than one episode and bombing them as well

3. Nice work. Should have thought it myself.

4. Reality TV = "entertainment" for the hard of thinking.

The tragedy is that there are a fair number of people out there that aspire to be like the attention seeking fucktards in these shite time filling programmes and actually see them as some sort of role model.

I,d bomb the bastard TV execs that swamp the airwaves with this drivel in the first place rather than the ovine zombies that watch and appear in it.

5. So it wasn`t Gavin and Stacey, then?

6. If you believe this programme is reality TV, then you are in that part of the demographic at which it is targeted.

7. Yes Smudge, it is. How clever of you to be able to read the road signs.

8. I was 'accidently' channel hopping and I come across this..... felt like being sick into my porridge... trouble is I live in Essex.... that's why Matron keeps encouraging me to keep taking me Meds each morning......

9. I think it would be a boon for any old codger nearing death. Watching a few episodes of this would convince them that they'd be far happier six feet under the surface of such a land, than walking around on the surface, sharing air with such creatures.

10. Well I actually love it, came across series 1 while jetlagged at a Heathrow hotel and was hooked, everytime I get back to the UK I have to watch it, though series 2 is not so good.

I guess you lot hate it because:

It is not PC

It has no token minorities added apart from the faggot hairdresser (even he's shaggable in an emergancy)

The girls understand it is a mans World and they exist to please men

Flash cars, smart clothes, no doleys, everybody earning and grafting,

Maybe you lot should just watch shameless or one of those scouser sitcoms where everybody is on the rob.

Edited to add it even pushes personal fitness, grooming, hygiene and who can forget the wonder that was the 'bejazzeled' episode.

I'll give you it casts a dim light on educational standards, the episode where Amy thought that Guy Faukes was an American being a notable example. But that just points out how god awful schools are and is not a reflection on the stars of the show as none of them are doley wasters, it only shows how fundamentaly Evil New Labour and the teaching unions are.

11. No, I dislike it because they're halfwitted, vulgarian solipsists with no taste. No reason why they shouldn't be, of course, and I hope they have a lovely time.

I just don't want to watch them having it.

12. You know their names and quotes episodes.......................... Hang you head in fucking shame

I've been without the tellybox for 7 months, is this shit gonna give me incoherent monkey rage followed by a prolapse

13. googles online dictionary

14. Hahem, not wanting to be too pedantic but I think you will find the phrase is VEJAZZELED as in to vejazzle (decorate) ones Vagina or to ‘Bling your Beaver’ =D