"The only thing is, I was a little bit naked..."

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by stickybomb, Apr 5, 2011.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. A naked soldier stopped a robber from stealing his car in Salford by smashing the window with his bare hands.

L/Cpl Wayne O'Mahoney, 41, from Charlestown, chased after three masked men who broke into his house early on Saturday morning.

BBC News - Naked soldier smashes window to stop Salford car thief

At last, a return to proper arrse standards of civic responsibility. :biggrin:

Of course, I did do a search for this before posting, but the site is groaning with 'naked soldier' threads already.

2. thank you

that is a classic and has made my day!

I'll put money on this not going to court, I bet the miscreant will claim sexual assault and need counselling!

3. From the article: "L/Cpl O'Mahoney, a serving soldier with 103 Regiment Royal Artillery,".

Cue 5A with a dig at STABs.

4. Did they forget he was there?

a flyer if there ever was one!

• Like Like x 1
  5. **** me, for the 1000th time this decade a ******* part timer has offered himself up as a 'serving soldier', I thought it was family first, job second, TA third? Only when it suits though :)

Do most of you still have your MOD90 uppermost and front and centre in your wallet so you can flash it to anyone within 50 feet of you whilst waiting for your Double Whopper and fries?

6. Ere! that armed forces discount doesn't announce itself you know! lol

7. Nah stuck to my forehead in my day with Blu tack.

8. I wonder if he got his drill sheet signed for that one? ;-)

Still, it makes a welcome change to TA soldiers who claim the entire contents of their 1033 was stolen from their car...three times in a row.

9. Quite a lot of TA soldiers pretty much serve full time at their local TA centre doing jobs that PSI's/PSAO's used to have Private soldiers to do. Given that he has done two years in Iraq, I suspect that the individual concerned is one of them type stabs. So when he is asked what he does for living he would say I work for 103 Artillery.

10. I know a lad claimed exactly that and he had no car. He was surprised that they caught him out.

11. Cutaway

Cutaway LE Reviewer

No HC, he was serving the Double Whopper & fries.

12. As indeed most of you will be doing shortly unless there is a policy of keeping only the dim regulars serving.

2 years in Iraq means four tours that some Reg didn't have to do though what need there was for a 41 yr old L/bdr from a TA AD Regt I can't guess. Even on the original Telic 12 Rgt were not used in an AD role.

Still well done that man for giving a burglar a good hiding.

13. Command_doh

Command_doh LE Book Reviewer

Yeah, about 10 years ago, when I still loved it and thought it was cool and more than just a hobby - which it clearly isn't for most people. Now it's just in there so I don't forget to bring it on a Friday night.

14. Yup...I at least do.

*shrugs*

I've never done anything else nearly as impressive with my life.

15. 103 has'nt been AD for about 10 years, got the light gun now.