The ongoing Abu Hamza saga

Abu Hamza remanded by magistrates

Mr Abu Hamza appeared by video link before magistrates
Radical Muslim cleric Abu Hamza al-Masri has been remanded in custody after a brief appearance before magistrates by way of a video link.
The north London preacher is being held at Belmarsh high-security prison and is fighting US attempts to extradite him.

He faces 11 terrorism-related charges, including involvement in the 1989 Yemen kidnapping in which three Britons died.

Mr Abu Hamza confirmed his name and date of birth before being remanded until 17 September.

A full extradition hearing is due to resume on 19 October.

The US accuses Mr Abu Hamza of attempting to set up a terrorist training camp in the north-western state of Oregon and sending someone to Afghanistan to fight for the Taleban.

He is also accused of giving advice to the Yemen kidnappers by satellite phone in 1998.

His lawyers argue he will not get a fair hearing in the US and say British police have already investigated him over the Yemen kidnapping and no charges were brought.

If the court rules he should be extradited, the home secretary would then have to decide whether to order it.

Under current UK rules Mr Abu Hamza cannot be extradited to face execution overseas and any such sentence, if imposed, would not be carried out.

On her way to Bow Street Magistrates' Court on Friday, his lawyer Muddassar Arani said her client's health was deteriorating and a doctor had seen him on Thursday.

She also said Muslim inmates were not being given proper Halal food and she had raised the issue with the governor of Belmarsh.
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/london/3581990.stm

On her way to Bow Street Magistrates' Court on Friday, his lawyer Muddassar Arani said her client's health was deteriorating and a doctor had seen him on Thursday.
Who says you never get good news on a friday :twisted:

Not been given"proper Halal "food. Should have tried the new compo on them not the rock apes.

X-Inf

War Hero
Book Reviewer
From the Sun previously quoted:

"He (The Governor) ordered pork to be removed from the menus of all prisoners, including non-Muslims".

So it seems that our British hoodlums are to be denied pork because of this man. What is the country coming to when we can't look after our home grown crims? Can the local crims take the Gov to the Race Relations Board?

He ordered pork to be removed from the menus of all prisoners, including non-Muslims.
And yet again an over-reaction to the situation.

They'll ban bacon butties next 8O

X-Inf said:
"He (The Governor) ordered pork to be removed from the menus of all prisoners, including non-Muslims".
i can see hamza "walking " into too many doors for that one :lol:

Why is it confusing?

It's actually fairly straightforward. Abu Hamza is extradited to the States, where they have the Death penalty. All things being equal,and because the Americans don't have any scalps worth a damn so far in T.W.A.T, he's bigged up (Election year) and finally strapped up to the old Electric Chesterfield and that's the end of that.

But we won't extradite to countries that have the Death penalty, and we can't trust the word of George W (Governor Death Penalty) Bush , that Hamza won't suffer a terminal mischief once he falls in the hands of the Cousins.

Except it's coming up for Election year here too. Either this year or early next year. Bl'allah (Heh!) doesn't want a Muslim backlash, when they should be out there working hard falsifying Postal Ballots, telling their families to vote Labour and returning 27 votes from the same house etc etc.

In other words, Bl'allah needs that Muslim vote, and if he can stop Hamza falling into the hands of the Rumsfeld and co (Abu Graib? never heard of it Mister) then he'll recover some .

Watch out watch out for certain Guantanamo internees to be reunited with their families imminently.

In my opinion that is.

PTP, I doubt very much that you're wrong, that is certainly a most likely scenario.

Great minds LWM, great minds :lol:

And the fact that Islamic rumour control hereabouts is saying Beg's (sic) release could be imminent. It's only a rumour, but the Muslim Labour activists are alleged to be getting the word out

This lot are terrified of not offending, just merely irritating the vocal minority in this country. They have lost sight of why they were put into Power.

So, lets fry the twat now, vote this lot out and set about kicking some arses in the middle east once and for all.

I liked the Littlejohn article in the Sun a few days ago. "Coalition forces attack holy shrine... holy city etc etc etc". Everwhere and everything is 'holy'. Do you hear Ely or Canterbury or Winchester or York being described as holy? Well, they are. They are our Christian holy sites. Maybe we Christians should start getting a bit prissy about 'unbelievers' amongst our 'holy' places?

i hope hooky has trouble wiping his arrse without a hook :lol:
i hope his social worker goes on strike for unacceptable level of shite he has to deal with :D

Maybe I'm out of line here, but one of the things we fight for (?) is free speach and a fair trial. He's a loony, but deporting seems like a way of avoiding the problem - put him on trial here for feks sake. If he's done something wrong (and the way the article says "He may have been involved in... ...where three British people died" - a nice trial by media) then get him for it. Giving him to the Americans cos we're not willing to do the job is just pants. And it's going to pees off the ordinary muslim folks - who run my corner shop and sell me bread and milk and beer at times no Brit would.
[/b]

Big Kahoona said:
I liked the Littlejohn article in the Sun a few days ago. "Coalition forces attack holy shrine... holy city etc etc etc". Everwhere and everything is 'holy'. Do you hear Ely or Canterbury or Winchester or York being described as holy? Well, they are. They are our Christian holy sites. Maybe we Christians should start getting a bit prissy about 'unbelievers' amongst our 'holy' places?
The main mosque up here has opened up for pagan unbelievers like me to visit and see what it's all about.

Holy sites here are traditionally places of sanctuary, just like over there. The media treating our attacks on them as if it was some attack on holy shrine (rather than the bar stewards hiding in them and using them as a fort) is just shoit.

The old - and now late, lamented - Soviets didn't get much right. Except for "all wars being economic" and all religion being "the opium of the masses".

I bumped into a Soviet paratroop officer observing(spying on) one of our exercises in northern Norway in the late '80s. He told me that Russia was already fighting the West's war against Islamic militants in Chechnya and warned that our ignoring the threat wouldn't make it go away. How prophetic that was.

We kowtow too much to religious minorities - and majorities - come to think of it. Superstitious crap, all of it. If anyone wants to believe in fairytales, let them do it privately. It should not be allowed to impinge on serious decisions about the real world.

I'm all for tolerance, but the Islamic tail's beginning to wag the dog. If they don't like our system of laws and democracy, let them pi** off back to Pakistan or Kosovo or wherever. Let them try protesting and demanding more and more leverage in somewhere like Saudi and see how far that gets them. :twisted: