The One Show

Discussion in 'Army Reserve' started by squigeypie, Oct 16, 2012.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Just been a clip on the One Show about FR2020 if you missed it you can catch it on Iplayer
  2. Just saw that, recognised a couple of faces from the unit I'm applying for
  3. maguire

maguire LE Book Reviewer

whose were the Huey helicopters? ISTR the only ones in UK service were based overseas?
  4. That unit has recently come back from an exercise in Italy as far as I'm aware, I think thats where that Huey footage was from as there was an article in the local papers a couple of months ago showing them over there in a Huey.
    • Like Like x 1
  5. Did they tackle the problem about recruiting because at the moment its at a standstill!!
  6. That'll be because Greggs have a two for one on!
  7. Really? Because we're still getting candidates through the ADSC doors at the moment, in fact there is a purely TA selection weekend this weekend.......hardly a standstill
  8. Some of the faces from at least one unit there have just come back from exercise in Denmark. I've only seen a screenshot though on facepest.

Mr F, applying for a job as Major Cheese.
  9. If it doesn't compromise the security of the Realm,how many TA candidates are applying a) Monday - Friday and b) on purely TA selection weekends ?
  10. Hueys may have been Bell 212s, used in the UK and based at Middle Wallop. They're the ones that returned from Belize when that shut down. Now a taxi service around Salisbury Plain.
  11. If your ex seems to take forever, if not and you have no previous experience of milatary life your through in a breeze!! Thats my own personal view and that of one of the blokes who i was in with who is now recruiting people at the careers office.
  12. Bearing in mind I'm only taking a snapshot at one ADSC, we average 8 during the week and this weekend we've got 38 penciled in yes not the hordes expected but still not at a standstill.

As to the time it takes between ex regs and new starts I can't comment as its not my field The_Iron may be able to answer that although i did mention it to the SO1 grown up the other day and recruiting group are aware......
  13. The Hueys are from when we (4 Yorks) were in Italy earlier this year.
  14. Brotherton Lad

Brotherton Lad LE Reviewer

15. The local West Country news recently showed some 6 Rifles training in Germany, the most embarrassing bit was a young lad saying they had been on the Warrior "tanks".

The only way they will ever be classed as tanks is if they are left out in the rain with the hatches open & the belly plates fitted - water tanks!!!

Nobby (Grumpy old ex "A" Mech)