The One Show - BBC 1

Discussion in 'The NAAFI Bar' started by jack-daniels, May 9, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Just done a piece about respect for troops and the City Salute. Good article made even better by a certain member of this board giving an interview. Well in mate, that'll be a crate next time you're in the Traf!!
  2. Agreed, but did you note the student geek, the specy beardy faced twat with his Mao cap on playing pool, and how the Ban on Recruiting was the right decision at his Uni?, the Cnut, I would love to punch his fecking light out, the Whores Melt.

My GOD!....... Thompson!....."Chota Peg!"....and load my Fowling piece....thank you.
  3. spike7451

spike7451 RIP

4. In fairness to the beardie, he did seem a little uncomfortable about the whole thing. He was president of the Union, if it had passed a motion he could hardly have gone on camera talking about how shite it all was.

In any case, how many RRTs go into Student Unions to recruit? Those that do can probably equally well approach the University authorities for space. The Union might not even own the property and could be in breach of their tenancy for excluding a particular group. :)
  5. Not being anti-Army and certainly no fan of the Intellectual Dwarf type (Found at most Colleges of Knowledge), why is it an "issue" that recruiting is "banned" from a campus?
    Half the Trots on campus when I was at Uni', were simple oxygen thieves. The major part of the rest was Intellectual pigmies not worth the Army's time. Good riddance to bad rubbish.
    If a possible recruit is diverted by this ban, were they REALLY serious in the first instance?

Of course, unlike the USA, the Army is not the major provider of Monies to students who would otherwise be unable to afford a "quality" education. There is no "back door" conscription of the poor, by way of funding their education, as in the USA. So it escapes me, as to why there could be LEGITIMATE concerns about "recruitment" of students.

Perhaps it comes down to a simple aversion to all things Military? At the most basic level, the Army does things that many people would rather not think about. By "banning" the Army (in the form of its recruiters) from Campus, it allows these people to pretend that their whole World is shielded by the very institution that they are at liberty to deride.
    This visceral reaction, is obviously not a intellectually rigorous manner of dealing with an issue. But being Intellectual pigmies (to a Fault), I would be more surprised if they reached Olympian heights of rationality.
  6. If he was all that uncomfortable, then he should have resigned on principle, but oh no, not him, he still needs that recognition of being someone, instead of a fecking geeky specy beardy twat.

And even if he had resigned, I,d still like to punch his fecking lights out, on principle.
  7. Who care who likes me........ I want to see Christine's tits, and anything else she might show!
  8. spike7451

spike7451 RIP

I have met Christina a few times when she worked over here,nice lass not full of herself (although I'd like to get her full of meself!)
  9. aye. :D :D :D :D
  10. Thats the One Show I want to see! :lol:
  11. Jack Daniels, next time you see 'him' in the traf, kick him in the balls from me.

I'll be seeing him Sunday so I'll ask him what he was wearing....... in 22 years I've never seen him uniform before.
  12. Most young officers I've met have come through the OTC, some of them were very good.
  13. which leaves the other 99.9%. You point being?