"The Oldie" Magazine

Discussion in 'The Lamp and Sandbag II - The Tall Story Strikes B' started by chasndave, May 2, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Gents (and Ladies)

Please forgive my intrusion onto such a well-respected Forum; as a mere 37yr old I feel that I should ask your permission to step forward.

Anyways, ...........before jumping onto the train today, I bought a copy of "The Oldie". What a great magazine. Granted, some of the opinions expressed may, in certain circumstances, "provoke some sort of response".

All I'd say, is give it a look; it'll cost you £3!!!

The Oldie

Kind regards, old timers

Chas

2. 37 and reading The Oldie, thats funny. Reading Harry Enfields dads entrys was worth the price. I can't remember if he has retired? Im getting old myself but have enjoyed many an article in the oldie.

A similar vein to the military humour in Readers Digest, I liked it a lot too.

What was the question??

3. No specific question,BC. I just wanted to ensure that the, ahem "elderly" on this site didn't miss out on some reading material............

4. Went off The Oldie at least 12 years ago when it published the identity of the murderer in The Mousetrap. Jolly unsporting; and it had the cheek to claim they didn't know about the (until that point well respected) embargo. Made me think they either they don't do their research, or they like spoiling sweet and harmless traditions.