The Old Guy scene in Clockwork Orange

Discussion in 'The Lamp and Sandbag II - The Tall Story Strikes B' started by TheIronDuke, Dec 9, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. TheIronDuke

TheIronDuke LE Book Reviewer

If you aint got a clue what I am talking about here, no offence, but fuck off and learn to smoke fags you young whippersnapper.

For those of us who do, its that scene in the middle of Clockwork Orange, when the old geezer, with the lovely wife, gets done over by the Bhouys. Big style.

And he's helpless.

I saw that film when it first came out and that scene still haunts me. I kinda thought, that is one of the worst places to be, you know?

Now, I'm not as fast as I used to be, but I'm still faster than most. But cometh the day, I wont be.

And that scares me more than a Take That reunion. The being helpless thing. I've recently become scared of hights. Which is a new one.

What scares you about getting old?

2. ID you on crystal meth again?

3. Get a couple of F*** off big attack dogs, nothing better to build up your confidence, break into my gaff and die

4. of boredom :D

5. I've never personally had the shite kicked out of me while someone is singing the song "singing in the rain" but I assure you, I will be ready if anyone ever tries to do it.

I have prepared the following items....

A cricket box - worn in the event of a stray boot to the goolies.
    A rain mac - preferably yellow, for when the blows rain in'
    I wont answer the door to four men in masks looking for a bit of how's your father with the wife and a penchant for hoofing defenceless men whilst serenading them in a Fred Astaire stylee.

I am not afraid of growing old, I fear no man, not even the reaper. I wouldn't bend down naked infront of Mark Almond though, no siree.

6. I live in a motor home, it's far from boring, everday a different location

7. boring pikey! :D with attack degs!

8. daaaags! Jeez!.....nowt likme a bit of ultraviolence....

9. And shotguns

10. TheIronDuke

TheIronDuke LE Book Reviewer

That was one time. ONE TIME, OK? Can we move on? Jesus.

Get a dog, get a gun, get this that and the other...

But at the end of the day, you are going to be there, without a gun/dog/mates/backup

old and not able to deal with it.

Not sure how I'll handle that. Thats all I'm saying.

11. And laying overpriced driveways to old ladies.

12. Nothing scares me about getting old, except ending up scared of a film in which some old geezer gets pummelled and left in a wheelchair by a crazed gang of yobbo's, who've just left Heaven 17 after a heavy session on the milk... :threaten: :D

13. Just get a Julian, the big, homoerotic and ever so slightly but understatedly menacing, short-shorts-wearing live-in lover and carer of the old man that our protagonist bumps into the second time he drops by.

Beats attack dogs anyday.

14. the tramp got it worse anyway!!

15. The last old lady I layed a driveway for was Maggy Thatcher and the driveway was called Mount Pleasant Airport forty miles west of the nearest pub