The old broom

Discussion in 'The NAAFI Bar' started by King_of_the_Burpas, Jul 13, 2011.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. As a cleaner 'back in the day', I had a broom which really cleaned up the nasties amazingly well. Was years before the new brooms came along and I really loved it.

My question is, cos a lot of water has gone under the bridge (ho ho), how much did it weigh? I can't recall. I had the wooden handled one.

2. how many replacement heads and handles did you get?

3. Did someone forget their meds today?

4. Can't remember now, but 'back in the day' I remember it would sweep up a whole turd. The modern brooms are ok around the edges of the turd, nudging it towards underneath the armchair. I just don't know why they don't make brooms properly anymore: all this new fangled plastic shite leakes me very upset and confused.

5. I preferred the shorter hand brush, they were great. As they were mass produced for a time when many were needed the handles and heads were interchangeable. They also had more bristles than the longer reach ones.

6. :tongue:

TTTHHHHHHHHHRRRRRRUUUUUUUUUUUPPPPPPPP!!!!

• Like Like x 1
  7. I was once issued a broom that looked normal but then had another handle coming off it so you did not have to bend down. Thats when i realised the Army went soft and i went and had a chat and a sob with the WRVS cum bucket.

8. Actually they were far longer than needed, imho. When I was cleaning up around the missus, the handle kept jabbing in her eye. The shorter, modern broom is much better and seems to deal with sand rather well, whatever that cunt Dyson says.

9. There's an Old Broom club on this site, I believe. Should I ask their members to remind me how much it weighs? Mine made a sort of swishing sound as I pushed it about. I always remember that "swiiiish". I used to sleep with mine and I called it McGuinnes.

10. TheIronDuke

TheIronDuke LE Book Reviewer

Ash? Fat Ash? Head cleaner on 'E' Wing? Fuck me. I heard you got out then got involved in the Algeceras - Ceuta run then died because you cut your finger pruning a rose and bled to death because the steroids thinned your blood. Wow. Cool. Welcome back you fat fuck. You got the twenty quid you owe me or what?

11. I have no idea what you're talking about you sad, drunken skunk. And I don't know who Ash is either.

Backto brooms. Mine had a dust surpressor that got in the way, to be honest, when I was climbing out of the Riley Elf. Always preferred a shorter broom after that, even though I had to use Jockbrite to clean it after a hard job.

12. Have you been smoking something stronger than i have?

13. I know its late, but what the fuck are you on? Crack, Crystal meth? Whatever it is, ease off a bit yeah

14. Don't think so. Camel Filters - the hard ones, Yellow - it's just that I don't understand this broom thing. Some people think the old brooms were best at shovelling up huge turds quickly, while the younger set on here prefer a lighter broom that you can nudge a turd gently under the armchair where nobody looks.

As a cleaner, I'm fascinated by the science of all of this.