Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to join our community
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site, connect with other members through your own private inbox and will receive smaller adverts!

Sluggy's funeral

Will you be attending Angela Barber's cremation in Darlington on Tuesday 19 November

• Cremation only

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Wake only

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I actually have a box of 2 cheese omelettes in the freezer, from Farmfoods I believe. Can't imagine a scenario when they'd be dragged out and eaten though

I do recall eating in 1966 canned scrambled eggs that had been scrambled in 1943. US Army C rats. The eggs were a bit greenish but I ate them and did not get sick.

Oh my God, its actually real, pre-made omelettes !
I can understand powdered eggs when there is a World War banging off around you but for ffucks sake learn how to cook your kids a fresh one.

my sister in a Little Chef a few years ago:

“2 large pancakes please”
“We haven’t got any large ones, could I give you 4 small ones instead?”
“They’re made fresh then..?”
“Ummmm...”

Not even premixed batter from a carton into a pan.

Only if there is another World War .

In the meantime, take a few fresh eggs ( even better if from your own or a friends hens ), whisk with a hint of salt, pepper and butter over a gentle heat and serve on buttered toast to hungry, happy children.

It doesn't get much better.
This hotel I'm in at the moment; if I pay a stupid amount of money a chef with a Micehlin star the minion of a chef with a Michelin star will prepare me a quail's egg omelette. Last time I looked quail's eggs were rather small so I'll spend the £32 on beer for me and a selection of chocolates from the posh choccy shop in town as a thank-you gift for the delightful young Polish lady who tut-tuts that I've made my bed for her every morning and then takes my empties away and wipes the stains from the rim of the toilet bowl when I'm out looking at Fritz Todt's concrete.

Last edited:
You can buy pre made mashed potato (not the powdered stuff, but frozen, mashed potato) ready made pancakes and Yorkshire puddings. Pre roasted potatoes...

Somebody, somewhere thought 'what a bloody great idea to sell '
And worse. Some lazy, useless bastards encourage this by actually purchasing this kind of crap.
To be fair, Iceland's frozen mashed spuds and Aunt Bessies roasties are actually quite nice and also convenient in a pinch. No substitute for nice fluffy mash from real spuds or real roast spuds but if you've a big family, a limited budget and time and they're all coming over for Xmas then - what the hell?!

There's still time to get one of these for the Wake.

1573712346836.png

Amazon product ASIN B07L5RK9QW

Only if there is another World War .

In the meantime, take a few fresh eggs ( even better if from your own or a friends hens ), whisk with a hint of salt, pepper and butter over a gentle heat and serve on buttered toast to hungry, happy children.

It doesn't get much better.
Omelette on toast? There's a new dish sorted.