The "Official" Logo Thread - Prizes and Nominations

Discussion in 'ARRSE: Site Issues' started by Good CO, Feb 20, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Good CO

Good CO LE Admin

Let's get cracking then!

I'll give three prizes for this:

1) The idea - text. If your idea is chosen we'll go for £50
    2) The idea sketch - If you produce a sketch that ends up being closely based on (grey or what?!): £100
    3) The finished article - If there are any cartoonists / artists out there who want to have a go at the finished article £200 if chosen

Please keep this thread to ideas / nominations only, either for your own idea of one that has been posted elsewhere - with the originator's username please!

I'll run this thread for a week. No comments, just your ideas / nominations please

Next weekend I'll start a poll for the best of the nominations and we'll let that run for a week then choose the winners.

2. Good CO

Good CO LE Admin

3. Can't we just turn the original logo round so that he has no features that would relate him to Hasbro's product. And in tradition, rename him "Still".
  4. I was thinking of something along the lines of a caricature of a bored looking Tom sitting on his kit, chin resting on palm of one hand with a tab in the other. A sort of "Hurry Up And Wait" thing. I think no matter what Regiment or Corps, anybody who has served could relate to that.

Perhaps you could ask Scribbler to pen something.

Since you are offering prizes. If my idea grows legs then all money split between Help 'Em Out and RBL.
  5. Grownup_Rafbrat

Grownup_Rafbrat LE Good Egg (charities)

I'd like to propose our own dear Sgt. Slingsby.

Or better still, Cpl Horsa, as he has (a) a war wound and (b) a medal. Bound to get lots of attention, and his makers support us.
  6. I say we do a mock-posh coat of arms featuring ideas such as the following;

* A crest, not too dissimilar to the Everton badge in shape (and shape alone!), divided into quarters with horizontal and vertical lines;

* A symbol in each quarter related to Arrse, such as a pint of ale, a pair of arrse cheeks, a lit fag, a Mk6 helmet, a pair of tits, or something along those lines;

* A wreath surrounding the crest;

* A comedy crown on top;

* A banner flowing underneath with the word ARRSE in Old English or Gothic style lettering;

* A pair of SA80's crossed in the background;

* Background to incorporate the ARRSE colours.

To quote a certain football club chairman; 'This isn't a football club (website) anymore. It's a brand.'

7. Alternatively, A cartoony image of a lone Jerboa perched atop an abandoned helmet in the desert.
  8. terroratthepicnic

terroratthepicnic LE Reviewer Book Reviewer
    1. ARRSE Runners

Is it possible for one of the cartoonists from Soldier Mag to come up with a catchy image that portay's Army life? Something like a squaddie kitted up and climbing on and off a bus say.
  9. Sgt.Slingsby

Sgt.Slingsby War Hero Good Egg (charities)

Meeeeee ... the softer side of ARRSE, doing GREAT works for the needy.

The Pin artwork exists and would be transferred free [or else].
    Beret colour/capbadge could be 'rotating', to keep every Regt and Corps happy.

10. A few that spring to mind:

1. A massive pork pie with loads of fat, bingo winged arms reaching for it.

2. An erect penis with loads of bingo winged arms reaching for it.

3. A set of bus keys labelled 'outrage' with lots of bingo winged arms reaching for it.

4. A set of folded up DPM kit and boots with the caption ' I would've joined up, but failed for being wheezy'
  11. What about this:
  12. Pair of boots, laces tied together, hanging from a tree branch.
  13. I think it should be a picture of an ambulance exploding and a heroic soldier is diving out the way with a baby under his arm.
  14. Biped

Biped LE Book Reviewer

Army Rumour Website

Making the world a safer place for ARRSE!

15. Sgt.Slingsby

Sgt.Slingsby War Hero Good Egg (charities)

On that basis, you miserable sod :wink:
    - I would support TheButler and his discreet 2-finger message to Hasbro.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.