Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The official BBC complaints thread.

Maybe they were trying to start a thread that would allow comments on the BBC in general and wouldn't then be detracting from the BBC political bias thread?
Is there a difference?

endure

GCM
Again needless and a waste of money. The Beeb should concentrate on producing independent non politicised content and not spending the licence fee on such utter cobblers. That was what it was set up to do. Not to go around white Knighting half of the world.

Kindest regards
MR_R_SOLE.
You obviously don't know very much about why the BBC was set up nor the behind the scenes 'directions' given to it by whatever government is in power.

Again I have never claimed to be a master of the English language. But to dedicate and entire news desk to Pidgin is laughable.

Kindest regards
MR_R_SOLE.
Not if we plan on stealing their diamonds and coltan. Get a grip people. We are no longer suckling at the EU's teat!

That made oi larf.
  1. What is wrong with his use of the words, 'licence fee'?
  2. You missed the incorrect use of 'there' instead of 'their' multiple times
  3. You missed the greengrocers' apostrophe in 'Community’s’
  4. You missed ‘There on' instead of 'therein'
Apart from that...

1. What is wrong with his use of the words, 'licence fee'?
  2. You missed the incorrect use of 'there' instead of 'their' multiple times
  3. You missed the greengrocers' apostrophe in 'Community’s’
  4. You missed ‘There on' instead of 'therein'
Apart from that...

Sorry dad. I'll try harder next time.

clothears

War Hero
Our cable service just ditched BBC Canada. What a honking, steaming, pile it was. How many episode of Top Gear and Father Brown can be rerun on a permanent loop? Graham Norton, for the love of sweet baby Jesus, they really hated us Colonials.

If you genuinely believe some of the utter bollox you've posted in the first paragraph there is no hope for you @bigeye

I understand PMBJ has pulled back from decrimalising non payment of the licence fee. My first thought was what a twat. On reflection however, why wouldn't he. As
Has been quoted before, Never interfere with your enemy whilst they are making a mistake.

The BBC produces very little worthy of note, continually doubles down on its woke agenda & seems intent on alienating its core audience of the over 60's. The audience it aims for just doesn't do Live TV. My daughter who is 25 lives with her partner doesn't have a licence, if they watch TV it's Netflix or YouTube as do their friends. To them the BBC/terrestrial TV is an irrelevance.

The BBC in its current form is a dead man walking, I'm just not sure they realise it yet....

The first paragraph was a quote. Maybe I believe the 2nd paragraph is more apt.

endure

GCM
Again I have never claimed to be a master of the English language. But to dedicate and entire news desk to Pidgin is laughable.

Kindest regards
MR_R_SOLE.
It's just a modern version of the World Service but with a much wider reach. You don't need a radio just a mobile phone.

The newsdesk is probably a couple of folks that can speak English and Pidgin translating the ordinary BBC News.

It's probably much cheaper too. The leccy bills for a fleet of 250MW transmitters being run 24/7 is massive.

AlienFTM

MIA
Book Reviewer
It's just a modern version of the World Service but with a much wider reach. You don't need a radio just a mobile phone.

The newsdesk is probably a couple of folks that can speak English and Pidgin translating the ordinary BBC News.

It's probably much cheaper too. The leccy bills for a fleet of 250MW transmitters being run 24/7 is massive.
If (it's a big if) Johnny Foreigner wants the BBC News on his phone, he can pull up the BBC website and select Translate This Page. BBC really, really have better things they could spend their money on.

endure

GCM
If (it's a big if) Johnny Foreigner wants the BBC News on his phone, he can pull up the BBC website and select Translate This Page. BBC really, really have better things they could spend their money on.
Its's an instrument of soft power that's been going since WWII. I suspect the government (of whatever flavour) would have a lot to say if the BBC shut it down.

Again needless and a waste of money. The Beeb should concentrate on producing independent non politicised content and not spending the licence fee on such utter cobblers. That was what it was set up to do. Not to go around white Knighting half of the world.

Kindest regards
MR_R_SOLE.
Journalism is never independent. Never was, never will be.
Speech isn’t independent. There is text, tone, subtext, idiom etc etc.
Demanding impartiality of a state-run service is childish and simplistic.
As stated above, you have to pay. If you don’t like paying, lobby your MP to abolish the thing you don‘t like. You don’t have to watch it.

ACAB

LE
You do realise that websites can be seen all over the world and that the BBC is noted world over for its soft power?

There are around 75 million people in West Africa that speak pidgin.
And that justifies it how??? We should not be paying to educate West Africans, you moron.

Gawd Bless you Guv'nor, you're a proper Gent and no mistake!

(He then meanders down the Old Kent Road, softly loudly singing Knees Up Mother Brown listening to drill music on his Skull Candy whilst hoping to find a troupe of cheeky Cockernee chimney sweeps a posse on scooters biggin' up what they done to the bitches that all spontaneously start singing and dancing while rappin' and gyratin' to the sounds)
Adjusted for modernity.

Innit.

You do realise that websites can be seen all over the world and that the BBC is noted world over for its soft power?

There are around 75 million people in West Africa that speak pidgin.
They speak it - it's a 'heard' language.The ones who are actually capable of reading will also be capable of reading proper English.It's the equivilant of the BBC deciding to have a Yorkshire version of their website- "Eey oop ya bugger..has tha 'erd what's 'append in tha London the night?...eh?"

Quick exercise...google Nigerian newspapers and see how many of them do the 'creole' thing.
My google-fu may be lacking but on a quick search I could not find any.

Perhaps Ofcom does have some clout ... Courtesy of Guido ...

Looks like the shlt fest that is Britain’s got talent is going to get the axe. Having lost 4million viewers, due to that ridiculous BLM stunt that the group Ashley Banjo Fronts did. 20000+ complaints and Ofcom stood shoulder to shoulder with them.

Well good riddance I say.
Go woke Go Broke!

Reap as thee shall kneel .... I assume they did so .... I can honestly say that I have never watched the programme .

Last edited:

Latest Threads