Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The official BBC complaints thread.

This thread is about the BBC

The BBC is a genuine public service broadcaster, with programme-making rather than money-making as its core function. It does not have to sell advertising or win ratings battles to survive, since it is funded by government (through the Licence Fee) and operates on a fixed budget. It competes with other broadcasters, for sure: but the competition is more about prestige and bragging rights than about money. Therefore the BBC can make content that concentrates on quality rather than on mass appeal. It seldom panders to the "lowest common denominator." Also the BBC is a formidable innovator, especially as regards technology, such as iPlayer (Internet content delivery). The BBC is often criticized: but seldom by anyone who has had to spend time stranded in hotel rooms in other countries watching what passes for TV in those places

*Or is the BBC as a whole, is liberal, painfully woke and pushing a multicultural line that the majority of Britains do not recognize?

*As some twat on here claims.

/End of thread

I wonder what would happen if someone tried to publish a book written in pidgin like Alan Coren’s Further Bulletins Of Idi Amin in this day and age?
Woke meltdown and calls for the author to burnt at the stake I expect.

Snowy.

On ROPS
On ROPs
I understand that you are making a very early move for the Arrse SPOTY 2021 award.

giphy.gif

rifleair

War Hero
Screw the BBC and dont pay them a penny for their licence extortion scheme... End of!.. Remember the law is vague between common law and "acts" of parliament which the TV License falls into.. and because its an act, it's a contract and if you dont consent you have not broken any law... There is a big difference between legal and lawful... If these w@nkers turn up at your house with a search warrant, the police cant do anything because its a civil matter even though acts are also laws ie the road traffic act.. If you are not operating in commerce, then they don't have your consent and you have not broken any laws...

I will break it down... Your Birth Certificate is a document of maritime admiralty jurisdiction and it pertains to the sea of commerce, and it comes from the process of ships carrying cargo on the high seas... You and everybody essentially came from the waters, you were all once "seamen" in your fathers trousers.. Your mothers went into "labour", and your mother was "contracting".. and when you were born you got your citizen"ship"...

The word "commerce" literally means sexual intercourse... So a ship carrying cargo on the high seas comes to "birth", its called the birth of a ship... The ship comes to port and the "waters break" and it goes down the " birth canal" and reaches the dock... Then the "Doctor" signs a certificate for the ships resources, and when you go to court you get in the "dock".. The "banks" control the flow of the "current" hence currency and you make "withdrawals" and leave "deposits" in the "bank" jsut like the tide, its the sea of commerce... So basically your birth certificate is documentation that a man or woman had sex and is connected to a juristic person with "legal" status and certifies than a human resource was born for purposes of commerce and if you agree to being that legal title you are operating under commerce...

So, if you go to Court because you dont have a TV license and the Court Clerk calls "your name" you just don't answer or acknowledge them.... If the judge says, "are you 'your name'", and you just say, "No"... And if the judge says, "who are you then", you just say, "I'm a sentient being, and I can be whoever I choose to be", the judge can't refute that fact...

If the Judge calls "your name" and you don't answer and he wants to know what " your name" is, you just produce your birth certificate pertaining to " your name", and tell the stupid Judge, "this is the Legal Fiction, 'your name', but this Legal Fiction is not who I am", and the judge cant proceed...
Wow, just wow!

ACAB

LE
What in the name of Satan's foreskin is that!. Yes the license fee is a joke but the Beeb do and will take peole to court for non payment. Large fines are easily dished out. I work with someone that tried the whole freeman of the land shite and was slapped with a 2.5 grand fine for being a dabber.
I'll pay the tenner a month and do without the hassel of court.

Kindest regards
MR_R_SOLE.
It's their Pidgin English website. I kid you not.

Frankly, I would rather pay my licence fee to support the Pidgin English version of the language (especially if we will be "liberating" their lands now Brexit is over) than say French, German, Greek etc versions.

MR_R_SOLE

Old-Salt
It's their Pidgin English website. I kid you not.

Who ever signed off on that needs to be shot at dawn!.
Im hardly a master of the English language but seeing it butcherd in such way is quite frankly intolerable.
It's bad enough we have to produce official forms in a verity of different languages, but to be spending the licence fee on what can only be described as someones pet "look how much I'm doing for diversity" project is beyond the pale.
The talking heads bang on about different " Community's" and how we should embrace them. Here's an idea how about we all get behind one " Community". Great Brittan PLC.
If you wish to live here then get behind the common goal. To make this once proud and world respected county a beacon of how things should be done.
Not dividing us in to smaller groups each trying to champion there own agenda.
I think there on lies the problem most pepole seem so wrapped up in there own little world or " Community" they fail to see the bigger picture and the greater good.

Nurse pass the Valium and a large scotch!.

Kindest regards
MR_R_SOLE.

Im hardly a master of the English language but seeing it butcherd in such way is quite frankly intolerable.
It's bad enough we have to produce official forms in a verity of different languages, but to be spending the licence fee on what can only be described as someones pet "look how much I'm doing for diversity" project is beyond the pale.
The talking heads bang on about different " Community's" and how we should embrace them. Here's an idea how about we all get behind one " Community". Great Brittan PLC.
If you wish to live here then get behind the common goal. To make this once proud and world respected county a beacon of how things should be done.
I think there on lies the problem most pepole seem so wrapped up in there own little world or " Community" they fail to see the bigger picture and the greater good.

Kindest regards
MR_R_SOLE.
Excellent post.
But why shoot them at dawn?
Can't we make a mid morning matinee out of it?
Preferably on Saturday so more people could turn up.

MR_R_SOLE

Old-Salt
Excellent post.
But why shoot them at dawn?
Can't we make a mid morning matinee out of it?
Preferably on Saturday so more people could turn up.

We could re invent the national Lottery. Put the talking heads in a mine field with a numbered bib and get them to run through it. The first six to the end don't have to go again ( it pays to be a winner!). Send the remaining talking heads back in the other direction again first on to the other side is the bonus number. I'd pay £2.50 to watch that of a Saturday afternoon.

Kindest regards
MR_R_SOLE.

Screw the BBC and dont pay them a penny for their licence extortion scheme... End of!.. Remember the law is vague between common law and "acts" of parliament which the TV License falls into.. and because its an act, it's a contract and if you dont consent you have not broken any law... There is a big difference between legal and lawful... If these w@nkers turn up at your house with a search warrant, the police cant do anything because its a civil matter even though acts are also laws ie the road traffic act.. If you are not operating in commerce, then they don't have your consent and you have not broken any laws...

I will break it down... Your Birth Certificate is a document of maritime admiralty jurisdiction and it pertains to the sea of commerce, and it comes from the process of ships carrying cargo on the high seas... You and everybody essentially came from the waters, you were all once "seamen" in your fathers trousers.. Your mothers went into "labour", and your mother was "contracting".. and when you were born you got your citizen"ship"...

The word "commerce" literally means sexual intercourse... So a ship carrying cargo on the high seas comes to "birth", its called the birth of a ship... The ship comes to port and the "waters break" and it goes down the " birth canal" and reaches the dock... Then the "Doctor" signs a certificate for the ships resources, and when you go to court you get in the "dock".. The "banks" control the flow of the "current" hence currency and you make "withdrawals" and leave "deposits" in the "bank" jsut like the tide, its the sea of commerce... So basically your birth certificate is documentation that a man or woman had sex and is connected to a juristic person with "legal" status and certifies than a human resource was born for purposes of commerce and if you agree to being that legal title you are operating under commerce...

So, if you go to Court because you dont have a TV license and the Court Clerk calls "your name" you just don't answer or acknowledge them.... If the judge says, "are you 'your name'", and you just say, "No"... And if the judge says, "who are you then", you just say, "I'm a sentient being, and I can be whoever I choose to be", the judge can't refute that fact...

If the Judge calls "your name" and you don't answer and he wants to know what " your name" is, you just produce your birth certificate pertaining to " your name", and tell the stupid Judge, "this is the Legal Fiction, 'your name', but this Legal Fiction is not who I am", and the judge cant proceed...
Please show one case of that working in a court of law.

endure

GCM

Kindest regards
MR_R_SOLE.
You do realise that websites can be seen all over the world and that the BBC is noted world over for its soft power?

There are around 75 million people in West Africa that speak pidgin.

MR_R_SOLE

Old-Salt
You do realise that websites can be seen all over the world and that the BBC is noted world over for its soft power?

There are around 75 million people in West Africa that speak pidgin.

Yes but how many of those 75 million pepole do.you think have accsess to the Internet and will read the BBC's pidgin page?. So devoting an entire news desk to a population only slightly larger than the UK for soft power purposes is a good idea?. Do you really think the people of Africa give two hoots about what happens in the UK?. Or.what some 2nd rate left leaning media outlet decides in News worthy?.

Kindest regards
MR_R_SOLE.

Please show one case of that working in a court of law.
Far too restrictive...

... even 'Please show one case of that working in any setting anywhere in the entire world other than in your own [@Snowy’s] underfilled cranium cavity' would present an insurmountable challenge.

Absolute crap.

That 'Freemen on the Land' woo is pure pigswill and those who have tried in in court have invariably ended up with a charge of Contempt on top of whatever it was they were originally in front of the beak for.

This thread is about the BBC

The BBC is a genuine public service broadcaster, with programme-making rather than money-making as its core function. It does not have to sell advertising or win ratings battles to survive, since it is funded by government (through the Licence Fee) and operates on a fixed budget. It competes with other broadcasters, for sure: but the competition is more about prestige and bragging rights than about money. Therefore the BBC can make content that concentrates on quality rather than on mass appeal. It seldom panders to the "lowest common denominator." Also the BBC is a formidable innovator, especially as regards technology, such as iPlayer (Internet content delivery). The BBC is often criticized: but seldom by anyone who has had to spend time stranded in hotel rooms in other countries watching what passes for TV in those places

*Or is the BBC as a whole, is liberal, painfully woke and pushing a multicultural line that the majority of Britains do not recognize?

*As some twat on here claims.
If you genuinely believe some of the utter bollox you've posted in the first paragraph there is no hope for you @bigeye

I understand PMBJ has pulled back from decrimalising non payment of the licence fee. My first thought was what a twat. On reflection however, why wouldn't he. As
Has been quoted before, Never interfere with your enemy whilst they are making a mistake.

The BBC produces very little worthy of note, continually doubles down on its woke agenda & seems intent on alienating its core audience of the over 60's. The audience it aims for just doesn't do Live TV. My daughter who is 25 lives with her partner doesn't have a licence, if they watch TV it's Netflix or YouTube as do their friends. To them the BBC/terrestrial TV is an irrelevance.

The BBC in its current form is a dead man walking, I'm just not sure they realise it yet....

endure

GCM
Yes but how many of those 75 million pepole do.you think have accsess to the Internet and will read the BBC's pidgin page?. So devoting an entire news desk to a population only slightly larger than the UK for soft power purposes is a good idea?. Do you really think the people of Africa give two hoots about what happens in the UK?. Or.what some 2nd rate left leaning media outlet decides in News worthy?.

Kindest regards
MR_R_SOLE.

Kindest regards
MR_R_SOLE.
That made oi larf.

Latest Threads