The official BBC complaints thread.

The BBC has sparked a discrimination row after only allowing people from ethnic minorities to apply for a trainee position.

Everyone report them to the authorities!..

The BBC has sparked a discrimination row after only allowing people from ethnic minorities to apply for a trainee position.

Everyone report them to the authorities!..
Despite the organisations determination that it is under representative, there don't seem to be may white staff resigning their posts to make way for more diverse staff. After all it's not as if the BBC is enjoying a growth in viewing figures.

Site Admin

Old-Salt
I have noticed the BBC can be a bit backslappy when one of their long-termers retires. I get it when it's one of the household names, but this is pushing it a bit especially for the front page of the BBC news website:

'Legendary anchor'? (In another BBC best bits compilation she was referred to as an 'Iconic anchor'). I'm almost 40 and I've never ******* heard of her. Has she spent 30 years on the BBC 'news for consumption abroad but still funded by UK TV licence payer's' channel!?

I have noticed the BBC can be a bit backslappy when one of their long-termers retires. I get it when it's one of the household names, but this is pushing it a bit especially for the front page of the BBC news website:

'Legendary anchor'? (In another BBC best bits compilation she was referred to as an 'Iconic anchor'). I'm almost 40 and I've never ******* heard of her. Has she spent 30 years on the BBC 'news for consumption abroad but still funded by UK TV licence payer's' channel!?
She has been one of their USA correspondents so not a UK news anchor, which is why you haven't heard of her. More often seen on segments of other shows although more recently she was co-hosting some show or another. I didn't know that Matt Frei got her in to journalism. Katty Kay - Wikipedia

I don't care what she's been doing, I want her phone number and address. Maybe include a reputable lawyer, to be on the safe side.

BBC NEWS (Freeview 231), have shown her EVERY EVENING, for as long as I can remember, paired with some "talking-head" bloke, in London.

I think sometime between 2000-2200hrs ?!

I don't watch it/her habitually, or for any length of time, but she/they are certainly better than the single bloke -at a similar time - prodding at a big screen, trying to give the impression he knows what he is doing on BBC "Outside Source" . . . a strange format I don't understand or appreciate :( .

Her slot (fnarr, yoikks) started off IIRC as 100 Days, intending to demonstrate the collapse of the Trump presidency for that period. It continued with the same title for a few years, and was co-hosted with some Wally in London.

It was certainly early evening, perhaps 19:00-20;00 on BBC2 ?

sirbhp

LE
Book Reviewer
She has been one of their USA correspondents so not a UK news anchor, which is why you haven't heard of her. More often seen on segments of other shows although more recently she was co-hosting some show or another. I didn't know that Matt Frei got her in to journalism. Katty Kay - Wikipedia
thats why some of us wish to keep the BBC going because we watch the damn thing .

Daz

LE
thats why some of us wish to keep the BBC going because we watch the damn thing .
Nobody's got a problem with you watching..........we've got a problem having to fund a service that "we" don't wish to use, not to mention the issue of getting fined for watching someone else's paid for service

Nobody's got a problem with you watching..........we've got a problem having to fund a service that "we" don't wish to use, not to mention the issue of getting fined for watching someone else's paid for service
I don't use, or wish to, all manner of stuff I have to pay for via general taxation. Who do I petition for a fair deal?

Daz

LE
I don't use, or wish to, all manner of stuff I have to pay for via general taxation. Who do I petition for a fair deal?
That argument only works if the German Parliament* insist on pain of court action that we also pay them for the services we receive from HMG

*Other Parliament's are available

Themanwho

LE
Book Reviewer
why are the brexitieers anti blm, Anti climate change folks, pro Trump on here the majority of those who hate the bbc
Right, sorry about this but the Grammar OCD is kicking in:
  • Brexiteers
  • anti-BLM
  • anti-climate change
  • pro-Trump
  • BBC
Ah, that's better.

As to your question, I think that's more your perception than actuality. My own collection of likes and dislikes include some of the above, but certainly not all; I'd wager there's very few people on here who have your full set.

I'm pro-Brexit, anti-BLM, I believe that climate change is a thing, I'm fairly anti-Trump (and a little anti-Biden) and I think the BBC is a good thing which is doing its best to make itself irrelevant and should no longer be publicly funded unless it reverts to being a politically neutral, agenda-free national broadcaster. So two and a half out of five.

Cold_Collation

LE
Book Reviewer
  • Brexiteers
  • anti-BLM
  • anti-climate change
  • pro-Trump
  • BBC
Ah, that's better.

As to your question, I think that's more your perception than actuality. My own collection of likes and dislikes include some of the above, but certainly not all; I'd wager there's very few people on here who have your full set.

I'm pro-Brexit, anti-BLM, I believe that climate change is a thing, I'm fairly anti-Trump (and a little anti-Biden) and I think the BBC is a good thing which is doing its best to make itself irrelevant and should no longer be publicly funded unless it reverts to being a politically neutral, agenda-free national broadcaster. So two and a half out of five.
x2

Grownup_Rafbrat

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
  • Brexiteers
  • anti-BLM
  • anti-climate change
  • pro-Trump
  • BBC
Ah, that's better.

I'm taking the knee in support
(Someone help me up...)

Site Admin

Old-Salt
No wonder Lineker is such a smarmy git.

No wonder he’s had to get himself a part time job:

8945F214-4245-474A-B957-8281ED4D5417.jpeg