The official BBC complaints thread.

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
Have this down the road, have always wondered if the world would be done a small favour if it burst in to flames.

Day one, lesson one - How to complete your expenses form
Day two, lesson two - How to reword someone else's work and not make it look like plaigerism
Day three, lesson three - How to stretch out a story for days
Day four - end of course piss-up
Day five - Graduation day, attendance not compulsory.

Cold_Collation

LE
Book Reviewer
Day two, lesson two - How to reword someone else's work and not make it look like plaigerism
Days One through Five: “This is Twitter”

Site Admin

Old-Salt
Have this down the road, have always wondered if the world would be done a small favour if it burst in to flames.

'fast changing' hmm 'structurally declining' more like; I feel journalists are the 'used car salesman' of this era. I have started to notice more and more how many different sorts of people I come across these days who are eschewing the beeb now, and I don't mean Freemen on the land Tommy Robinson types...

Nemesis44UK

LE
Book Reviewer
BBC suffer from the Discovery channel syndrome. Forget making thought-provoking documentaries or journalistic triumphs in favour of "reality" tv shows that cost nothing to make and are faker than the WWE.

Plus, their entire output is engineered for spotty oiks that would give Rik Mayall's (PBUH) character in "Young Ones" an inferiority complex.

The above paragraph now officially confirmed.

Added to that, the endless dripping of the left-wing agenda through "news" stories and subtext in programs and it's a big fat "no" from me.

Naga Munchetty's race program was particularly ridiculous, talking about how racist the London bus drivers were in the 50s, when they went on strike because they didn't want to work alongside black drivers.

She then brushed over the fact, that the ordinary passengers boycotted the buses until the black drivers were allowed to work on them by company bosses.

The interpretation of this should be that whilst there was some racism, large portions of the population were not.

But no, let's focus on a few disgruntled drivers because that supports her twisted point of view.

Needs more

shock_collar.jpeg

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
The BBC are not a private company they are a public company, or corporation as they call themselves, so I content that the public need to be served properly by them. To this end, I suggest that the BBC complaints department be taken out of the BBC and a separate entity be set up to investigate complaints against the BBC. This body should have the power to fine the BBC when they default - the only sanction that can be laid at their door. This body should also have the power to recommend dismissal of people found guilty of serious misdemeanours and the BBC, as employers, be obliged to take the recommendation seriously.

Until the complaints are taken away from the in-house BBC, there will be no change in attitude.

Cold_Collation

LE
Book Reviewer
BBC suffer from the Discovery channel syndrome. Forget making thought-provoking documentaries or journalistic triumphs in favour of "reality" tv shows that cost nothing to make and are faker than the WWE.

Plus, their entire output is engineered for spotty oiks that would give Rik Mayall's (PBUH) character in "Young Ones" an inferiority complex.

The above paragraph now officially confirmed.

Added to that, the endless dripping of the left-wing agenda through "news" stories and subtext in programs and it's a big fat "no" from me.

Naga Munchetty's race program was particularly ridiculous, talking about how racist the London bus drivers were in the 50s, when they went on strike because they didn't want to work alongside black drivers.

She then brushed over the fact, that the ordinary passengers boycotted the buses until the black drivers were allowed to work on them by company bosses.

The interpretation of this should be that whilst there was some racism, large portions of the population were not.

But no, let's focus on a few disgruntled drivers because that supports her twisted point of view.
SOP: tell only the bit of the story that ‘proves’ your agenda.

You missed this module:

'Clickbait - How insignificant rubbish and gratuitous images of women masquerade as journalism in the Digital age'

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
You missed this module:

'Clickbait - How insignificant rubbish and gratuitous images of women masquerade as journalism in the Digital age'
That is covered on Day Two! Do pay attention ;)

Cold_Collation

LE
Book Reviewer
The BBC are not a private company they are a public company, or corporation as they call themselves, so I content that the public need to be served properly by them. To this end, I suggest that the BBC complaints department be taken out of the BBC and a separate entity be set up to investigate complaints against the BBC. This body should have the power to fine the BBC when they default - the only sanction that can be laid at their door. This body should also have the power to recommend dismissal of people found guilty of serious misdemeanours and the BBC, as employers, be obliged to take the recommendation seriously.

Until the complaints are taken away from the in-house BBC, there will be no change in attitude.
Quite. At the moment, things pretty much amount to:

"That programme you made - it's a bit shít."
"Well, we made it and we think it's rather good."

Site Admin

Old-Salt
One thing I have noticed with BBC local and national 'news' over the last year is that EVERY interview on location/out and about always has a zoomed out shot near the start of the piece to show/prove that interviewer and interviewee are definitely socially distancing from each other. It's so (un)believably patronising.

pete49

Old-Salt
One thing I have noticed with BBC local and national 'news' over the last year is that EVERY interview on location/out and about always has a zoomed out shot near the start of the piece to show/prove that interviewer and interviewee are definitely socially distancing from each other. It's so (un)believably patronising.
And about 5 m apart to be sure

........ This body should also have the power to recommend dismissal of people found guilty of serious misdemeanours and the BBC, as employers, be obliged to take the recommendation seriously.........
If you read the Executive Complaints summaries, the likes of Emily Maitlis, Victoria Derbyshire, Nagging Munchbitty would have been long gong. Their names feature quite a lot in the 'Resolution' sections as "Have been reminded of the standards required". In any other business organisation, persistent offenders would be shown the door and sent on their way.

No use complaining to OFCOM, they're in the BBC's back-pocket.

If you read the Executive Complaints summaries, the likes of Emily Maitlis, Victoria Derbyshire, Nagging Munchbitty would have been long gong. Their names feature quite a lot in the 'Resolution' sections as "Have been reminded of the standards required". In any other business organisation, persistent offenders would be shown the door and sent on their way.

No use complaining to OFCOM, they're in the BBC's back-pocket.
Not saying you're wrong, but have you got any proof of that?

Totally agree. The complaints dept should be permanently transferred to CCHQ..

Latest Threads