Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor

Joker62

ADC
Book Reviewer
Who gets to review it for the Book Club?

Major Des Astor is a serving officer with more than 25 years experience in the British Army.
hahaha

The perfect stocking filler (in a good way), I should think.

PS. Perhaps not: Amazon gives publication date as 26 May 2011.

Time to get the pre-orders in then. Wonder how many are going to be printed and are we expected to buy all of them or the CO's have a hissy fit?

Not actually written by us ....

I hope that the lawyers get a chance to read it first otherwise Messrs Sue, Grabbit and Runne, Solicitors and Commissioners for Oaths, may be busy

jim24

LE
Book Reviewer
This is outrageous,some barsteward will by writing a biography of Tropper next, at least it will be more interesting than that book I reviewed this week

As long as no Bears where harmed during the making of it, if not the Sgt will not be a happy Bunny erm I mean bear!

TPBD.

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
Has it been cleared through the Padre's office.

Anyway - a few replies but no info - who is Maj Des Astor? Who is going to own up to being a high-flying officer of 25 years standing yet never made it past Major?

Am I in it and if so do I get any royalties?

So many questions - so few answers. Guess I will just have to buy (or blag) one for review :)

Anyway - a few replies but no info - who is Maj Des Astor? Who is going to own up to being a high-flying officer of 25 years standing yet never made it past Major?

So many questions - so few answers. Guess I will just have to buy (or blag) one for review :)
Chap obviously spent too much time on ARRSE researching his book to focus on important things like upward-mobility and common sense.

udipur

LE
Book Reviewer

He could have come through the ranks...

And be in the Air Corps...

Then it's all true...

For the record can I just clarify when I said “ I would” that is not legally binding and when I said “I did” that is not legally a confession of guilt. Other than that you can print what you like Maj Astor except what’s in the NAAFI as that is just a laugh. Please remember what I said in my Corps section may have bearing on others so please don’t print that, other than that crack on but remember what I wrote in Current Affairs was last week so no longer current so no point dragging up old news.

Think that covers everything except the Int Cell but I should be ok there he’s dead now, other than that good luck with the book .

Maj Des Astor - major disaster?

I think somelone is having a laugh!
There was a little Doctor of Indian origin on the Vicars and Tarts course in 1990 who was given that soubriquet...