The officer would chose jail over Iraq

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by KGB_resident, Jul 6, 2006.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. http://english.aljazeera.net/NR/exeres/89094977-CD20-46B5-A57E-A5DC26869728.htm

http://abcnews.go.com/US/story?id=2049982&page=1

As I see I was wrong about demoralisation of American army in another thread.

2. That's ok Sergey - we're used to you getting it wrong.

3. spike7451

spike7451 RIP

I see the RAF Doctor has been released & tagged for the remeinder of his sentence.

4. He's lucky he isn't in Russia or the bruises from the hosepipes would still be healing LOL

5. I'm a huge advocate of live and let live, so I wont judge LT Watada or his opinions. LT Watada will have ample opportunity to defend his actions/beliefs at his trial. Sergey, I'm a bit of a lurker on these boards but I do enjoy your posts. I can never make up my mind as to whether you try to bait the masses with controversial topics, or whether you honestly believe in the commenst you post. Allow me a freak second to analyze your post here. One whole officer, out of how many decided that a tour in Iraq wasnt his bag and decided not to go? One whole officer out of how many I ask you? Hardly grounds to support an argument about demoralisation of the American army is it? I did read your Demoralisation thread, but it had run its course before I had time to add my two cents.

6. ViroBono

ViroBono LE Moderator

So in the US Army an officer can be charged for failing to have his bowels open regularly?

7. chrisg46

chrisg46 LE Book Reviewer

You should have seen the one he did a while back on how british troops bayoneted iraqi prisoners :? . Took two different reports and came up with some bizarre new theory...good for a laugh if not your blood pressure anyway... :x :x

8. I think that it comes from the crap media he has over there. He reads some rubbish, goes on line to find articles which back it up and then rushes over to ARRSE to post

9. He's going to go down for up to eight years imprisonment (and Leavenworth still has hard labour on the books should it please the Court), combined with dishonourable discharge, which follows you for life as a civilian felony conviction. I strongly doubt he'll get the full eight, but there's bugger-all chance he'll be walking as a free man any time before the troops he was supposed to be leading in Iraq get back to the US. His life is screwed.

NTM

10. Personally, I think the idiot should be tried for treason, not just for refusing orders. He took all that money, to get his degree and commission and now refuses to go, because the war is "illegal." Your a coward. You signed on the dotted line, you know the chances, so you go. It doesn't matter if you are against the war or not. Or if you believe in it or not.

You go, do your duty as you signed up for, then come home, get discharged, and whine all the fcuk you want. What a miserable piece of cow dung this "man" is.

11. I think treason requires positive action detremental to the country, not a refusal to act.

NTM

12. Whilst I wouldn't massively disagree with you I think the amount of balls it takes to follow this course of action shouldn't be underestimated.

He's going to be vilified and generally given a hard time by all service (and ex) service people and as C-T says he has a conviction that follows him for the rest of his life.

I usually admire people who have the guts to stand up for what they believe but in this case I'm really not sure.

13. Trip_Wire

Trip_Wire RIP

I agree with you! 100% What a POS!

14. Trip_Wire

Trip_Wire RIP

Sergey, what would have happened to an officer in the old USSR's Army, if he did such a thing?

15. I'm baffled as to why people join up if they don't want to go into conflict.

Never mind jail, they should let the boyz educate them!!! Knuckle sarnie.

Remembering, of course, in the second world war, they used to shoot them!!!!

Judder

Ex Para and proud of it too. :twisted: