The office. American version

Discussion in 'Films, Music and All Things Artsy' started by expat_71, Aug 4, 2006.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. After seeing this I think it's best that you don't try and compare this
    to the British version.
    They put a lot of the best bits of the whole first Brit series in the first show.
    But the funny bits where very funny.
    The boss asking about the ethnic back ground of his workers "My mother is Mexican and my father is Mexican
    so you could call me Mexican" the boss"Yea but what do you want to be called with the name Mexican having such a bad stigma about it"
    The boss also keeps telling Black, Asian and Mexican jokes that only Black, Asian and Mexicans should tell.
    I guess it has the same affect as the Brit version in making it's target audience cringe with embarrassment.
    The thing that stands out the most is there are no shots of the workers looking bored sh1tless staring at cpu monitors
    or filing.
    You do not get the feeling that it is a spoof fly on the wall doc.

Attached Files:

2. I like it alot personally. Never seen the British version though.

3. I was a fan of the Brit version, and went to watch the US version wanting to hate it, but I couldn't help laughing at some points. So overall it's not too bad really.

4. Bringing this thread back from the dead to answer this I think the American version succeeds because the casting is on par with the writing. Steve Carrell is one of the funniest actors working in the U.S. today.

Anyway, it's good to see an American version that's up to the original.