The Odd Angry Shot

S

syledis

Just a quick heads up that this film about the Aussies in Vietnam is on sale in Tescos for £3.

Great film for little money

Ta muchly, tomorrow is shopping day for Chef.

I've only got it on Vid.....had it for years, bloody good Film.

Look out for the Range Day, funny as hell.

ugly

LE
I've only got it on Vid.....had it for years, bloody good Film.

Look out for the Range Day, funny as hell.
Grey Green Brown and Okova!

ugly

LE
I do remember the artistic license debate over casualties, the rumour was that deployed in Sqns they lost none KIA but the film wouldnt be realistic without casualties!

ugly

LE
I found the film quite overated and that gobby short one in the pic got on my tits....so there.
Thats because he is a good actor and did his job really well, its also one of the better war films of its time, remember compared to the US contribution of Boys from Company C its years ahead, Platoon, hamburger hill and full mental spastic didnt come out for a couple of years to remind us of the US war contribution. years ahead of Rambo
I like it because of 2 things, it was and still is a classic non hollywood way of portraying war from the ground without gung ho and self introspective 1000 yard stare navel gazing which also made it fairly humorous to a 1980's squaddie, and finally because it was the only decent war flic in English at SKC Munster in 1983/4 and therefore worth watching each weekend!
You can see a whole host of late 80's oz soap actors in the film.

Ah, OF, you're not one of 'THEM' are you?

Cheers mucker never heard of it before , gona go grab it tomorrow for £3 dosnt mater if its shite dose it.
Not a bad fil at all for it's age. You get to see them using SLRs too.

I recorded this off the telly and put it on DVD for pennies...

Not a bad fil at all for it's age. You get to see them using SLRs too.

I recorded this off the telly and put it on DVD for pennies...
Yea good way of doing it ive got the new series of ross kemp and the marines new one thats on chanel 4 or 5 on mondays been recording them on virgin on virgin+ box plug lead into dvd burner record straight to dvd in hd too bargin i say.

sirbhp

LE
Book Reviewer
have a look at the battle of long tan on you tube and Google . the Aussies did a fantastic job .

Thought I'd regale you with some 'stuff' re: The Odd Angry Shot.

Snipped from another post I did:

As a anecdote to the filming of said film. The film was made at the then Land Warfare Centre - Canungra. The film extra's were made up from digs of 10 Independent Rifle Company (10IRC) who are basically the Demo Platoon for students at the LWC. The cast of the film - Graham Kennedy, Bryan Brown. John Hargreaves, John Jarrat et al were asked to dine/drink at the officers and SGT's mess, all declined and drank at the diggers boozer, many an excellent night was had by all. By all accounts the luvvies were all top notch guys not a ****** amongst them.

I know this shit as a mate was in 10IRC - he's the guy hanging out of the tent when the tropical downpour happens and laughs, also I may, or may not know some of the 'technical' advisers.

Bloody cracker of a film. liked the bit towards the end where the barman asks two of them if they'd just come back from Vietnam and they look at each other and the short one says 'no'. They just wanted a quiet life with no fuss after what they'd been through.