The Odd Angry Shot

Discussion in 'Films, Music and All Things Artsy' started by syledis, Feb 7, 2012.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Just a quick heads up that this film about the Aussies in Vietnam is on sale in Tescos for £3.

Great film for little money
    • Like Like x 1
  2. Ta muchly, tomorrow is shopping day for Chef.
  3. Great! I just bought a copy online on Amazon for £10.....well, not that a big of a loss, but still...
  4. ugly

ugly LE Moderator

bugger I'll get it tomorrow!
  5. I've only got it on Vid.....had it for years, bloody good Film.

Look out for the Range Day, funny as hell.
    • Like Like x 1
  6. ugly

ugly LE Moderator

Grey Green Brown and Okova!
  7. ugly

ugly LE Moderator

I do remember the artistic license debate over casualties, the rumour was that deployed in Sqns they lost none KIA but the film wouldnt be realistic without casualties!
  8. Cheers mucker never heard of it before , gona go grab it tomorrow for £3 dosnt mater if its shite dose it.
  9. I found the film quite overated and that gobby short one in the pic got on my there.
  10. ugly

ugly LE Moderator

Thats because he is a good actor and did his job really well, its also one of the better war films of its time, remember compared to the US contribution of Boys from Company C its years ahead, Platoon, hamburger hill and full mental spastic didnt come out for a couple of years to remind us of the US war contribution. years ahead of Rambo
    I like it because of 2 things, it was and still is a classic non hollywood way of portraying war from the ground without gung ho and self introspective 1000 yard stare navel gazing which also made it fairly humorous to a 1980's squaddie, and finally because it was the only decent war flic in English at SKC Munster in 1983/4 and therefore worth watching each weekend!
    You can see a whole host of late 80's oz soap actors in the film.
    • Like Like x 1
  11. Ah, OF, you're not one of 'THEM' are you?
  12. Way better than "Them" he's a Welshman, and worth at least 3 of anyone else!
    • Like Like x 1
  13. Cold_Collation

Cold_Collation LE Book Reviewer

[Staring at the jungle temple]

"D'you want to take a look?"

"You filthy, sex-crazed..."

[Stifled laughter]

Cracking moment.
  14. As my username suggests....the complete other end of the spectrum:)
    even a remf was farther into battle than I would have been.
    and my mam wrote me an excuse note to the RSM.
    • Like Like x 1