The obligatory "Who is attending B709?" thread.

Discussion in 'Join the Army - Regular Officer Recruiting' started by Brooksy, Feb 27, 2012.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hi folks,

Thought it would be beneficial to see if any of my fellow ARRSErs may be attending the B709 briefing on the 19th and 20th of March.

I am intrigued to see who has the frankly indescribably lucky opportunity to share a suite at the Redwood Lodge with myself on Sunday the 18th as there are apparently several gentlemen attending the briefing who are also staying at this fine establishment.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Brooksy.

2. As I'm sure you know, Redwood Lodge is fantastic. Stayed there before my briefing last August.

3. I found Redwood to be great, when you all get together for dinner the evening before and have a good chat it really takes away a lot of the nerves and gives you a huge boost in confidence. Sandy will give you postcards left by those who have passed main board which tell you things like "screwed up on plan-ex and still got my pass for RMAS!". If you forget anything on your way down they'll lend you it as well i.e. Belt/cufflinks/pens etc...

Enjoy your briefing and just remember to keep your mouth shut when spoken to and your hands out of your pockets - Quite a few people on my briefing were incapable of those two things.

Good luck.

4. Appreciate the helpful tips and kind words there, and express this gratitude to the others who have thus far replied.
    I'm feeling quite confident as it is, just making sure I'm prepared and keeping up on current affairs, working on mental arithmetic etc. If anything I am just really excited and looking forward to the opportunity!

• Like Like x 1
  5. Bump.

Anybody?

6. Coincidentally, the Hookers Union are having their Annual Conference in that hotel that weekend.

• Like Like x 1