The oath of allegiance and is it out dated??

But the whole point is that there is no choice. I wasn't asked to swear allegiance to my family, the British people or country, but a monarch, unlike the German one (how ironic) that puts citizens not subject first.
So you lied then. Your clearly superior sense of morality doesn't extend to 'Integrity'?

But the whole point is that there is no choice. I wasn't asked to swear allegiance to my family, the British people or country, but a monarch, unlike the German one (how ironic) that puts citizens not subject first.
Probably because the Germans haven't had a Kaiser since 1918 or a Fuhrer since 1945.....

Sixty

ADC
Book Reviewer
Punted for the NAAFI bods to play with.

mercurydancer

LE
Book Reviewer
Well that is a very good reason for change. To think that you would sanction the removal of elected representatives (no matter how poor or inefficient they are) in favour of a person who is in a position of enormous influence because of birth is daft and undemocratic. Clearly you believe in a monarch yielding enormous power of YOUR representatives. Odd!!

Oh dear, its gone quite over your head hasnt it?

Legs

ADC
Book Reviewer
What would you prefer?

"I swear to protect the mongs in Parliament"

"I swear to do the bidding of the Chavs on the local estate"

As I said, we are a part of a Monarchy. We chose to join the Armed Forces of the Monarch. As such we promise to defend Her and her heirs and successors.

But that isn't a choice - it is a take it or leave it royal command.No thanks. Look at the Hanoverian (German) oath which is really democratic. How come Germany can advance but Britain is left in the doldrums of antidemocratic blind asinine subservience ?

Legs

ADC
Book Reviewer
But that isn't a choice - it is a take it or leave it royal command.No thanks. Look at the Hanoverian (German) oath which is really democratic. How come Germany can advance but Britain is left in the doldrums of antidemocratic blind asinine subservience ?
Because we like it that way.

Join the Bundeswehr then. Don't bang your arse...

Not at all I made it clear that I was a reluctant 'swearer'. I can assure you that there a great number of young men who would like to join the forces but cannot because of the hypocrisy that you for example support. I am referring to those of ALL ranks by the way. In fact the oath will change within a decade or two, What will you do then I wonder? Swoon and not swear because it means fighting for your loved ones? Daft.

What unit are you? Have you not noticed that about 95% of all cap badges in the British forces have a crown on top? Its for a reason.

.........or you could try this one:"Ich schwöre bei Gott diesen heiligen Eid, daß ich dem Führer des Deutschen Reiches und Volkes Adolf Hitler, dem Oberbefehlshaber der Wehrmacht, unbedingten Gehorsam leisten und als tapferer Soldat bereit sein will, jederzeit für diesen Eid mein Leben einzusetzen."

Thanks you are agreeing with me. The problem is simply a question of rule and regulation change which you as a democrat would welcome.

Legs

ADC
Book Reviewer
You don't get it do you? We CHOSE to join the British Army, a Monarchist Army. We CHOSE this life and we CHOSE to swear allegiance to Her Majesty. No one forced us. If we didn't want to swear allegiance to Her Majesty we would have gone to work for Tesco instead.

Oh don't be so daft -It has nothing to do with Hitler or any other fascist, although the punk era clearly thought so in their lyrics. God Save the Queen a fascist regime. But those who desire the Queen to act with the iron fist are by reference in favour of fascism.

It must be getting close to the end of the month, Arrse is attracting the usual mongoloids that have clearly run out of money and have nothing better to do, than to make twats of themselves on here.