The nothing to do with transgender thread

Our paths probably crossed at some time!

I used to feel terribly sorry for the young people who were trapped in that lifestyle. Bit there was nothing I could do for them. Giving them money for food meant it got spent on drugs. Tragic really.

The East Sydney is still around, one of the last of the Aussie pubs. Haven't been there for a long time. It got sold a few years ago. Maybe next week I will go down and toast us both.

And to keep it in your memory:

View attachment 456096View attachment 456097
Make a day of it and go via the Old Fitz as well! The East Sydney won't change easily, I did love not having to work in a place that had no pokies. I see the bar is now missing the barrel of Camus cognac, that might be something to do with me and Russell Crowe sitting up after closing one night and doing our best to drain the cunt.

Make a day of it and go via the Old Fitz as well! The East Sydney won't change easily, I did love not having to work in a place that had no pokies. I see the bar is now missing the barrel of Camus cognac, that might be something to do with me and Russell Crowe sitting up after closing one night and doing our best to drain the ****.
Did you know the Grosvenor/Taxi club before it closed?

A grubby old hole, but some of the nicest patrons.

Walk down Kings Cross tonight, I will go with you so you can feel safe :)

You wont see two high flying transgender women, you will see around a hundred men (or usually under age boys) with makeup on and wearing a dress.

The MSM call them Transgender Sex Workers. They dont want to admit that vast numbers of thrm are runaway underage boys, sucking off old perverts for s few dollars to buy heroin with.
So what you are saying is there is success and failure in all walks of life.
I have no need or wish to visit Soho.

So what you are saying is there is success and failure in all walks of life.
I have no need or wish to visit Soho.
Some good cheap eateries down side alleys there, it's not been all grot there for a long time

endure

GCM
They dont have their spuds cut off mate. they get cheap grubby backstreet silicon injections and take birth control pills.

Listen mate, Im not some ex sex tourist.

Your comment upon trannys being accepted is WELL wide of the mark. Its a typical myth. from farangs who have been to Thailand once and spent their time in the bar. They are accepted in some areas and some social stratas, But I suspect you only know the backstreet Soi where they congregate. Try telling a Colonel in the Thai army, or a government minister, or a cadet branch of the Royal Family, that no1 Son is growing tits and wants to be rooted up the bum and see if its gets accepted.

(they dont farm in Isaan mate, its a rice growing area.)

Seriously mate, if you want to argue about this go ahead. I know what ai am talking about. Do you?

I've been visiting Thailand regularly since 1993 and haven't been in a bar there for at least 20 years.

Who's talking about Generals or Kings? I'm talking about the bank clerks and shop girls I regularly see when I'm there.

When did calling people who grow crops for a living farmers stop?

Did you know the Grosvenor/Taxi club before it closed?

A grubby old hole, but some of the nicest patrons.
I certainly did, and yep nearly got thrown down the stairs for being pissed and off my face in there. Other fave haunts were Barons, the Crest (same as Taxi Club for atmosphere), Aircrew Bar, Bourbon and Beefsteak before it was lobotomised into the Bourbon, the Mansions, Kardomah Cafe, the Darlo Bar, all except the Darlo now long gone. I started my bar work at the old Rex Hotel, had three ODs (one fatal) in my first month there, and my manager was executed during a robbery that month too. It's not the best way to start a Sunday shift by walking into the office and finding him with his head shot out. After a while of that I moved to running sex shops, it felt safer and at least the hookers couldn't use my bog to hit up in.

Last edited:
I certainly did, and yep nearly got thrown down the stairs for being pissed and off my face in there. Other fave haunts were Barons, the Crest (same as Taxi Club for atmosphere), Aircrew Bar, Bourbon and Beefsteak before it was lobotomised into the Bourbon, the Mansions, Kardomah Cafe, the Darlo Bar, all except the Darlo now long gone. I started my bar work at the old Rex Hotel, had three ODs (one fatal) in my first month there, and my manager was executed during a robbery that month too. It's not the best way to start a Sunday shift by walking into the office and finding him with his head shot out. After a while of that I moved to running sex shops, it felt safer and at least the hookers couldn't use my bog to hit up in.
Dont know any of those other bars, other than the Bourbon and Beefsteak - but I spent many many hours there.
Good memories.

70D00B49-37D8-4071-9143-E96145CDDBB5.jpeg

That's him, Mark. It turned out years later that the robber had worked as a cellarman at the Rex, and had a big habit to pay for. Personally I think he shot Mark because Mark recognized him, Mark was the kind of bloke who'd blurt out "I know you! You won't get away with it!" It had only just happened when I found him, he was still gurgling and you could smell the gunsmoke. I'd had a big pokie payout so I needed to get the payout cash authorised, otherwise he might have been there for ages before we realized. The weapon was IDd as a Ruger .38 revolver, and was also used to execute a taxi driver and rob a servo in Arncliffe I think.

1586263101550.png

Worked there for many years - you know the Asian Financial Crisis that knocked back the Thai economy, Tom Yung Gom, well I had my part in that.

In 1997 I was in a car with one of the executives of Siam Cement - then the largest cement manufacturer in the world.

I commented that they must be doing well, new apartments were going up everywhere.

He told me there were 350,000 completed apartments in Bangkok, and a further 100,000 under construction. Many had no infrastructure at all - no sewage, no water, no power. A week later Somprasong Land Bank went under for a measly 3.8 million payment. BBC was already under water. We tried to stabilise the deals but confidence had gone.

I was in Bangkok the night Tim Gatland disappeared. He left the Duset Than with a gun and 30,000 in USD. I went to the bar at the Grace to see if the Russian maffia knew what had happened to him.

Ever been to the bar at the Grace Hotel? I thought not.

No a “mate” did not tell me anything. I did the hard yards.
The bar at the Grace Hotel does a very good impression of the bar in Star Wars...

ExREME..TECH

On ROPS
On ROPs
Last edited:

Cutaway

LE
Kit Reviewer
That's him, Mark. It turned out years later that the robber had worked as a cellarman at the Rex, and had a big habit to pay for. Personally I think he shot Mark because Mark recognized him, Mark was the kind of bloke who'd blurt out "I know you! You won't get away with it!" It had only just happened when I found him, he was still gurgling and you could smell the gunsmoke. I'd had a big pokie payout so I needed to get the payout cash authorised, otherwise he might have been there for ages before we realized. The weapon was IDd as a Ruger .38 revolver, and was also used to execute a taxi driver and rob a servo in Arncliffe I think.
As of 2007 it was a cold case

Cutaway

LE
Kit Reviewer

Latest Threads