Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The 'Not the CR2 army leadership' thread

I left when I realised there wasn't a Field Marshall's Baton in my small pack......not that I ever wore one.

I'd have sold you several.

Do you think we’ll say anything new?
Nope, we will get the same old passed over Majors explaining why everything is awesome.

Some getting emotional about regiments, while neglecting to acknowledge that as it stands the British Army would be hard pushed to deploy and support any significant Combined Arms effort.

Infantry companies massively understrength, Armour, Artillery, in the need of huge investment.

Shooting down those who are in service for Daring to speak out.

Nope, we will get the same old passed over Majors explaining why everything is awesome.

Some getting emotional about regiments, while neglecting to acknowledge that as it stands the British Army would be hard pushed to deploy and support any significant Combined Arms effort.

Infantry companies massively understrength, Armour, Artillery, in the need of huge investment.

Shooting down those who are in service for Daring to speak out.

I asked you a question be polite and reply if you can answer politely

I asked you a question be polite and reply if you can answer politely

Royal Airforce myself.

3A247CEB-3E1C-4E67-8527-C7833EBE4EB7.jpeg

Last edited:
As good a place as any to put this;

Its been like that for decades though. Remember GW1 when they sent a two brigade Armoured Division to the Gulf they had to gut the other two Armoured Divisions left in BAOR.

We have been broke since 1945, or even before that in 1919.

Its been like that for decades though. Remember GW1 when they sent a two brigade Armoured Division to the Gulf they had to gut the other two Armoured Divisions left in BAOR.

We have been broke since 1945, or even before that in 1919.

Lets be generous and say 200 CR3, against a£1.5 billion increase in massed Indirect fire capability.

First question I would ask do we have the G4 ability to support that? If not how much would that cost?

Secondly should we not be mirroring what the USMC are doing?

Lets be generous and say 200 CR3, against a£1.5 billion increase in massed Indirect fire capability.

First question I would ask do we have the G4 ability to support that? If not how much would that cost?

Secondly should we not be mirroring what the USMC are doing?
Are the usmc a good comparison, or should we look at France or Denmark instead

That's fine for the USMC, aiming to concentrate more on littoral ops, but they have the US Army available to do heavy stuff on land/ inland.
For the UK, we can choose either, but probably not both in any worthwhile sense.

Latest Threads