The Noble Liar: How and Why the BBC Distorts the News to Promote a Liberal Agenda

The Noble Liar: How and Why the BBC Distorts the News to Promote a Liberal Agenda

Themanwho

LE
Book Reviewer
Themanwho submitted a new resource:

The Noble Liar: How and Why the BBC Distorts the News to Promote a Liberal Agenda - BBC - bunch of arrses.

The Noble Liar is a study of the role of the BBC in changing the very society which pays for it. Written by a former BBC journalist, the book argues convincingly that the BBC reports on everything through a prism of left leaning, liberal, socially permissive bias. Aitken charts the gradual change of the National broadcaster from trusted informant, with a mission to “Inform, Educate and Entertain”, to a campaigning arbiter of what we should think and who we should be.

The book is divided...
Read more about this resource...

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
I suppose in a way the BBC mirror politicians in this respect, or vice versa!

offog

LE
If you only recruit people who can see in black and white you will get a very limited report on rainbows.

If you only recruit people who can see in black and white you will get a very limited report on rainbows.
The BBC have in the past had a presenter who could comentate on black and white snooker in colour.

Previously I thought that mainly Putin's agitprop outlets are manipulating facts, news. But is appears a common practice.

Last edited:

Goatman

ADC
Book Reviewer
Much less common than Putin's agitprop organisation would have us believe

Themanwho

LE
Book Reviewer
O51700ASEP19 link does not work, takes you to page about being an adjutant.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Sadly the Golgafrinchan bracket is missing a 7/8 Gripley. Never mind, eh?

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
O51700ASEP19 link does not work, takes you to page about being an adjutant.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The links work perfectly well for me - no issues with the links.

Now I don't want you to get overly paranoid but have you thought that someone is out to get you! :crying:

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
Actually, monochrome is a better description. Liberalism does not permit any view but its own.

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
Actually, monochrome is a better description. Liberalism does not permit any view but its own.
One of life's truisms:. Liberalism often ain't liberal.

Goatman

ADC
Book Reviewer
I have worked with BBC perss at close quarters - that hits the nail bang on the head.

It was a cliché in News agency I was with, that you could divide the kind of report that would be produced by the various outlets.

• Local media would give it a straight-ish bat
  • Nationals according to whatever the paper's own angle & audience.
  • BBC would ALWAYS come to a story with their own agenda - diversity,LGBT rights,Govt policy fail etc etc

Tight brown or easy pink

Themanwho

LE
Book Reviewer

Latest Threads