The next pandemic?

As if Covid-19 wasn't bad enough, another little nasty is brewing up in China,

Apologies if covered elsewhere already, and if so, mods feel free to merge/delete as appropriate.

And to think I've just got a packet of sausages out of the freezer for tomorrow.

Price of pork going south?.
Neither know nor care. I just feel that everything reported now has to be shock factor, negative and meant to instil fear in the population.

Any MSM in my eyes, is no better now, than the gutter press of old. If, and it's a big IF, something should come of it, I will cross that bridge then.

Grumblegrunt

LE
Book Reviewer
all flu has the potential

the main thing is that evolution of viruses mean they can borrow bits of each other to create something new.

if a Flu managed to borrow a chunk of a zooanotic covid there could well be serious problems as it could potentially hit everything.

its partly why flattening the curve was such a terrible idea, we risk having millions underexposed when the next covid or flu hits from september.

the main thing is that evolution of viruses mean they can borrow bits of each other to create something new.

if a Flu managed to borrow a chunk of a zooanotic covid there could well be serious problems as it could potentially hit everything.

its partly why flattening the curve was such a terrible idea, we risk having millions underexposed when the next covid or flu hits from september.
Yup, nothing has changed.

It will now come back with a surge.

Trans-sane

LE
Book Reviewer

Its thankfully extremely unlikely viruses from two different clades can swap genetics/protein machinery.

As for the pigs... There was a massive outbreak of Swine Fever late 2018- early 2019 that killed something like 20% of the world's pigs, mostly in far east Asia. Guess where it originated, and do you think they owned up before the disaster had spread far and wide?

Fang_Farrier

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
In the last 15years or so, have prepared for swine flu, bird flu, H1N1, SARS, MERS. Also new variant CJD and Foot and Mouth.

Ironically we didn't prepare for covid 19 until it was actually here.

StBob072

LE
Book Reviewer
In the last 15years or so, have prepared for swine flu, bird flu, H1N1, SARS, MERS. Also new variant CJD and Foot and Mouth.

And moon cakes.

I wasn't prepared for fcuking moon cakes!

Remember the warnings on the TV? How to unscrew your doors and make a nuclear bomb shelter! That never happend.

Old Edwina on about Salmonella, and not to eat eggs? I don't know anyone who suffered.

All the things you have mentioned, not one of my family nor one of my friends was affected. Nor do any of them know anyone who was affected.

All I know for a certainty, is that what ever the current threat is, and I'm sure after Covid, we will be back to terrorism, the Middle East, Russia, oil etc. A) It will be blown out of all proportion by MSM, B) Somebody somewhere is making a fortune!

Life is too short people.

Grumblegrunt

LE
Book Reviewer
Yup, nothing has changed.

It will now come back with a surge.
a surge in MK1 c19 the press are claiming a second wave but a second wave is a fresh mutation, sweden showed we did not need lock down just a few restrictions, we are stuck with it now though.

people needed to be told to get as much sun as possible, we needed to give out free vit C,D & zinc along with Hydroxy to boost the immune system and help everyone fight off any infection then let it do its thing using schools as the means to transmit low dose infections via primary school kids..

Grumblegrunt

LE
Book Reviewer

but C19 has not been any worse or nastier than a bad flu outbreak when you remove the fiddled figures.

it is worrying though that a covid is producing flu like complications.

the studies on deaths from lockdown and its effects are interesting for every 10m lost to the economy you have one extra death on top of the missed cancer diagnosis, loneliness and depression etc..

in your own field I wonder how many dental abscesses have gone into the brain because sufferers didn't know how to get it sorted. I'm pretty sure my shattered tooth will need removing my mum reckons two of hers are at risk.

Grumblegrunt

LE
Book Reviewer
And moon cakes.

I wasn't prepared for fcuking moon cakes!
which heartless git passed those onto you?

or is there another variant to do with lady days?

StBob072

LE
Book Reviewer

StBob072

LE
Book Reviewer
You're confusing Moon Cups with Moon Cakes. Two completely different items
Indeed, you wouldn't want to get them mixed up.

Or at least I wouldn't ...