• Jess Philips

• Lisa Nandy

• Kier Starmer

• Rebecca Long Bailey

• Someone Else

Results are only viewable after voting.

TamH70

MIA
Think back to late last year. What was known from Chinese data - bearing in mind China was 2 to 4 months ahead.
Fucking nothing because those pricks in Peking were denying that there was a problem until at least February.

Slime

LE
Think back to late last year. What was known from Chinese data - bearing in mind China was 2 to 4 months ahead.
Why not post up what was known yourself, if you are lucky you will be able to post links from last year for things only found out this year!!

I bet the Chinese data from last year is full of info about Europeans or BAME people.

This of course would be the China that ENFORCED a very severe lockdown based on having more info as you suggest.

Slime

LE
It's not just the death rate with Covid, but the long term damage to people's lungs and other organs, it is serious

Just because not everyone knows someone effected, they think I'm alright Jack (or Gill or whatever one self identifies as)
Bloody well said.
To use the correct medical term my lungs are still fucked, and I got Covid in early March.

The published SAGE meeting minutes show that the government did exactly what the scientists told them to do, exactly when they told them to do it. The same scientists also predicted 50,000 would die from BSE (actual deaths 177), 200m worldwide from bird flu (282), 60,000 from swine flu (457) and so on.

As for the ventilators that was a media frenzy, the ventilators were not only not needed but also shown to be harmful.

CV19 should have been treated like a very severe flu, instead it was treated like the bubonic plague. That was a massive miscalculation, but not the government's. Theirs was to listen to people with fancy credentials but a very bad track record of getting it right.

And as for closing the hospitals, we saved the NHS, or the NHS saved itself, by abandoning both the healthcare needs of everyone else (such as cancer patients with treatments postponed) and old people shuffled off into nursing homes carrying Covid with them. Not exactly its finest hour.
Apologies for the thread drift, but in the last few days I've had my first proper exposure to the NHS-and no, I'm not a private/BUPA type-in about 10 years.
No symptoms of virus, but distinct chest tightness and lack of breath: no bloody way am I risking a Croydon A&E so rang the surgery.
No appointments apparently but the Dr will call you back, less than 10 minutes later.
Described symptoms, get your arse down here.
I duly did, and can only describe it as eerie.Totally empty, and bearing in mind this was a practice that used to have an early morning happy hour for workers between 8 and 9, ie no kids, pensioners, doleys etc.
Couldn't have asked for better treatment, bounced from Dr to Nurse A for bloods and Nurse B for E CG.
When I got out, an appointment had been made for a chest xray.
The only downside was being prescribed an inhaler-I am now officially the fat wheezy kid who never gets picked....

Slime

LE
I'll be interested to see what comes out over coming years regarding who knew what when about virulence.

I'm also curious about the level of life expectancy reduction in the next 2 - 3 decades because of economic problems. When a town, e.g. Middlesbrough, suffers an economic disaster, lives are shortened.

Covid hasn't added any deaths. We only get one death each. Covid has shortened lives; mostly of older people.

I'll use illustrative numbers to make the point.

If we have an average life expectancy of say 80, and 50k people average age 72 die, we have lost 50k x 8 = 400k lifeyears.

If, over the nation, life expectancy drops for economic reasons by even one year, that's 70m x 1 = 70m lost life years.

Even if the doomiest of doom mongers had been right, which is unlikely, and ignoring covid had taken 250,000 people with an average age of, say, 68 that would be, err... ... hang on.... errr 3m lost life years.

What we have done to the economy will be worse than if we had let Covid rip.

We have made a terrible mistake, and it's very much the Government's fault for having neither leadersh nor clarity.
Just out of interest, and bearing in mind you aren’t a Dr, Virologist, scientist or even an elected politician........

Did every country in the world that had lockdowns, who were advised by Drs and scientists all make mistakes too?
Did Scotland under SNP leadership get it wrong?
Did wales under Labour get it wrong?

Or was it just the tories in England who got it wrong?

Slime

LE
Apologies for the thread drift, but in the last few days I've had my first proper exposure to the NHS-and no, I'm not a private/BUPA type-in about 10 years.
No symptoms of virus, but distinct chest tightness and lack of breath: no bloody way am I risking a Croydon A&E so rang the surgery.
No appointments apparently but the Dr will call you back, less than 10 minutes later.
I duly did, and can only describe it as eerie.Totally empty, and bearing in mind this was a practice that used to have an early morning happy hour for workers between 8 and 9, ie no kids, pensioners, doleys etc.
Couldn't have asked for better treatment, bounced from Dr to Nurse A for bloods and Nurse B for E CG.
The only downside was being prescribed an inhaler-I am now officially the fat wheezy kid who never gets picked....
What inhaler were you given?

Why not post up what was known yourself, if you are lucky you will be able to post links from last year for things only found out this year!!

I bet the Chinese data from last year is full of info about Europeans or BAME people.

This of course would be the China that ENFORCED a very severe lockdown based on having more info as you suggest.
He's right though, there was Chinese data from last year. What the stupid cunt doesn't realise though is that the Chinese New Year was in the middle of February.

Just out of interest, and bearing in mind you aren’t a Dr, Virologist, scientist or even an elected politician........

Did every country in the world that had lockdowns, who were advised by Drs and scientists all make mistakes too?
Did Scotland under SNP leadership get it wrong?
Did wales under Labour get it wrong?

Or was it just the tories in England who got it wrong?
Sweden's prime minister orders an inquiry into the failure of the country's no-lockdown coronavirus strategy
  • Sweden has launched an inquiry into its no-lockdown policy after thousands of coronavirus deaths in the country.
  • Sweden now has the fifth-highest per capita death rate in the world with a larger death toll than all of its neighbours' combined.
  • Sweden's daily new cases rose to over 1,000 in the last week, up from fewer than 500 in May.
  • Sweden's prime minister said the country must now change its approach.
@Speshul-op1989 probably needs to give Sweden’s Prime Minister a bell and tell him that all the countries that went for lockdown were recklessly and / or criminally wrong in imposing lockdowns and only Sweden got it right by doing nothing.

Why isn’t Speshul-Op the president of the W.H.O?

At least you ent ded.

Grownup_Rafbrat

LE
Book Reviewer
Glad you're ok.

Glad you're ok.
Thank you for your kind words, but what makes me chuckle is that the very chubby doctor suggested that I buy a home testing blood pressure gadget.

What a load of bollocks.

I've had less painful tattoos trying to strap the bloody thing round my arm and apparently 248/300 before cuff failure is my fault.

Next appointment...before you ask, at least 80 units.

Latest Threads