Who will be the next Labour leader?

• Emily Thornberry

• Jess Philips

• Lisa Nandy

• Kier Starmer

• Rebecca Long Bailey

• Someone Else

Results are only viewable after voting.
He was only yesterday addressing a mass gathering of his supporters.
Oh dear. Hope no one points out his lack of fuck when it comes to farmers killed in Zim and SA, although he likely strongly sides with the oppressors in those instances.

Oh dear. Hope no one points out his lack of fuck when it comes to farmers killed in Zim and SA, although he likely strongly sides with the oppressors in those instances.
Ahem! White lives don't matter.

Ironic really as Magic Grandpa didn't even manage to go to University to collect a Desmond

One interesting comment posted on the linky ...

Great support. Could fill a medium sized public toilet.

... even the Pigeon that came to listen at the beginning gave up .

Londo

LE
Well the pigeon was not impressed and didn't bother listening to the end of the story .

As Desmond Tutu once said, “if you are neutral in situations of injustice, you have chosen the side of the oppressor.”

Which in modern parlance translates into if you deny / dispute any aspect of our message you are a racist

Ironic really as Magic Grandpa didn't even manage to go to University to collect a Desmond
He would struggle to collect even a George

offog

LE
One interesting comment posted on the linky ...

... even the Pigeon that came to listen at the beginning gave up .
I think that is a public toilet he is standing on by the look of the ground. Unlike Trump he gathered enough to use the overflow.

Well the pigeon was not impressed and didn't bother listening to the end of the story .
Have you noticed the banner behind him says he is still leader of the party!?
Has no one actually told him yet or is it another Corbyn victory, like the GE?

Was that a different pigeon to the one in Post #1164 :) .

Londo

LE
Have you noticed the banner behind him says he is still leader of the party!?
Has no one actually told him yet or is it another Corbyn victory, like the GE?
Didn't notice that . I was too busy watching the pigeon , it was the most sensible thing there . :D

It certainly was . The post you quoted wasn't showing when I read through the thread .
Not a problem nice to see two trained eyeballs picking out the bored interloper .

Londo

LE
Not a problem nice to see two trained eyeballs picking out the bored interloper .
There had been a delay between reading the thread then starting and finishing my post . Not my fault as I have three small kittens in the room . In my defense M'lud I am easily distracted ;)

Could you tell us who is?? I mean we’re into the realms of useful criticism here, not ego massaging. Something that could persuade the electorate and the Government. Smarmer himself has said that the Government is broadly right, which means it’s the fine tuning that’s left. What we’re finding is that people are having conveniently short memories in the Covid issue. It also means that at the moment the electorate can distinguish between sour grapes and effective policy.

Personally, I thought at the beginning we should allow the vulnerable to isolate, even quite dramatically with designated areas (Anglesey?) and full financial support as long as it took to find vaccine/cure. The rest of us take our chances.

What we have is a half arsed mishmash of confused crap, badly done, and destroying the economy.

Over decades, the effect in terms of shortened lives of this will far, far outstrip any realistic Covid death toll.

We have made a colossal mistake, with the flailing clown Johnson at the helm.

Personally, I thought at the beginning we should allow the vulnerable to isolate, even quite dramatically with designated areas (Anglesey?) and full financial support as long as it took to find vaccine/cure. The rest of us take our chances.

What we have is a half arsed mishmash of confused crap, badly done, and destroying the economy.

Over decades, the effect in terms of shortened lives of this will far, far outstrip any realistic Covid death toll.

Please tell how you could have isolated everyone and kept the economy going full chat ?

Please tell how you could have isolated everyone and kept the economy going full chat ?
Well under St Jeremy of Corbyns stewardship - Momentum could have been issued uniforms - ( shirts - Brown) and billy club and enforced the rules they would also have ensured vulnerable* people were kept isolated and without outside contact for the duration of the emergencies.

*Tories, Bankers, People who look like they vote Tory, Labour MPs who opposed Corbyn, The far right** Jews, racists*** etc

**Anyone who disagrees with Corbyn
***Anyone who disagrees with Abbott

Er no. What you mean is to isolate the elderly in care homes, they’re paying for whose operators fell flat on their faces, by being unprepared for their responsibilities. “The Vulnerable.” what does that actually mean. We’re all vulnerable so who gets less priority. We all knew at the start that MENA people were more susceptible didn’t we. That’s why we ignored over crowded conditions. What we’re hearing little of is Council or Authority planning for these issues. That’s what they get their money for, that’s why you pay Council tax. Who’se falling down there? At the moment the valiant opposition appears to be more TUC driven to make Government planning more difficult, and, suddenly they care so much. Drivel. Half arsed you call it. And I reiterate it’s not anywhere near the Spanish flu epidemic.

Latest Threads