Who will be the next Labour leader?

• Emily Thornberry

• Jess Philips

• Lisa Nandy

• Kier Starmer

• Rebecca Long Bailey

• Someone Else

Results are only viewable after voting.
Watching Lady Emily go from smiling, ready to show the world that she is the answer to Labour's woes, to a snarling shouting harridan - wonderful.

Brillo should be congratulated for doing that in just a few minutes. :)
I’ve just watched it. What a snarling, chippy, gobby individual she is. She has no chance and I hope whoever ends up as the next Leader hoofs her onto the back benches where she belongs. Hideous woman.
Neil absolutely nailed her on sending her children to a selective School - hypocrite that she is.

Litha Nandy was far better in her Neil interview. Not perfect, but way, way better.
ETA: While Nandy still has a slight lisp - rather endearing, actually - I’d bet she had been taking speech therapy as it used to be a lot worse.
Good on her, if that’s the case.

I’ve just watched it. What a snarling, chippy, gobby individual she is. She has no chance and I hope whoever ends up as the next Leader hoofs her onto the back benches where she belongs. Hideous woman.
Neil absolutely nailed her on sending her children to a selective School - hypocrite that she is.
In my humble opinion she's fooked. Just on the basis of that interview.

:scratch:
The straight-talking Wigan MP added the support of the Chinese for Labour group to add to backing from the GMB and NUM unions to make it onto the ballot of members in March.
There's no chink in her armour then

Where's that groan button....

I thought Emily was coming across as a nasty angry woman who hates being wrong.
I suspect either her natural persona is of an angry direct woman, or her advisers thought it was a way to bring it to Brillo.

I thought her 'distinct priorities' were great. They were err. just like all the other priorities.

The selective school question too was comedy gold.
"I just did what any mother would do for her children!"
But then wants to take that away from any other mother. Two faced and fived chinned witch

Clearly Kuenessberg thought she was continuity Corbyn not to upset the applecart, and then (as a lasting legacy and to tickle her ego) introduce 'Emilism'

Either way, a utterly dreary and nasty woman. I'd vote for her to become Labour Leader :smile:

Last edited:
Either way, a utterly dreary and nasty woman. I'd vote for her to become Labour Leader :smile:
Doubt she'll get through. The only utterly sensible candidate is Becky, with Grangela as deputy. You know it makes sense!

Doubt she'll get through. The only utterly sensible candidate is Becky, with Grangela as deputy. You know it makes sense!
But I want I want I want I want the fat Mrs Bucket to be Leader of HM Opposition!!

1579768229787.png

But I want I want I want I want the fat Mrs Bucket to be Leader of HM Opposition!!
Pipe down at the back! Your slavish devotion to your mistress won't help you into her bed. Besides which Momentum will decide on the glorious new leader who will be no different to the old leader except younger.

AlienFTM

MIA
Book Reviewer
Pipe down at the back! Your slavish devotion to your mistress won't help you into her bed. Besides which Momentum will decide on the glorious new leader who will be no different to the old leader except younger.

I thought Emily was coming across as a nasty angry woman who hates being wrong.
I suspect either her natural persona is of an angry direct woman, or her advisers thought it was a way top bring to Brillo.

I thought her 'distinct priorities' were great. They were err. just like all the other priorities.

The selective school question too was comedy gold.
"I just did what any mother would do for her children!"
But then wants to take that away from any other mother. Two faced and fived chinned witch

Clearly Kuenessberg thought she was continuity Corbyn not to upset the applecart, and then (as a lasting legacy and to tickle her ego) introduce 'Emilism'

Thornberry/Burgon it's what the Labour Party deserve

I've a mate at a printing works and he's said the ballot papers have already been printed, so it's a stitch up. As we suspected it would be. Democrats my arse.

1579770132638.png

Brillo should be congratulated for doing that in just a few minutes. :)
To be fair, he didn’t need to break sweat to achieve it. She always seems to be on the verge of exploding - I wonder if she takes tablets for her stress levels?

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
The candidates keep going on about the voter this and that, but it is not the voter that will be deciding the outcome of this leadership election, it is the members of the Labour Party. As that has now been hijacked by Momentum then Wrong Daily is a shoo-in. The only thing that will stop that is an about turn by the Unions which is most unlikely.

The candidates keep going on about the voter this and that, but it is not the voter that will be deciding the outcome of this leadership election, it is the members of the Labour Party. As that has now been hijacked by Momentum then Wrong Daily is a shoo-in. The only thing that will stop that is an about turn by the Unions which is most unlikely.
Which is quite ironic when Labour, the SNP, et al made much noise about Boris being made PM on the say so of a few hundred thousand of the blue rinse brigade., but potentially HM's loyal Opposition is being decided on the say so of 5,000 Marxists and Communists, and a few dozen Committee members of certain unions.

I love democracy in action . . .

The GMB on Nandy & Rayner. (No member vote)
GMB’s 60-strong Central Executive Council (CEC) has today nominated Lisa Nandy for Labour Leader and Angela Rayner for Deputy Leader.
Executive members voted for their favoured candidate following a hustings in London earlier today.
The NUM on Nandy & Rayner (No member vote)
Following NUM NEC meeting 14 January 2020 backing was given for Angela Rayner to become Deputy Leader of the Labour Party and Lisa Nandy to be become leader of the Labour Party.
USDAW on choosing Starmer (No member vote)
Retail trade union and Labour’s fourth largest affiliate has today decided to nominate Keir Starmer for leader and Angela Rayner for deputy leader of the Labour Party. The decision was taken at Usdaw’s Central Office in Manchester by the union’s lay member elected Executive Council.
ASLEF on who chooses their candidate (no member vote)
He (Mick Whelan) is drawn to Keir Starmer on the grounds that he is likeliest to win a general election. His eight-strong executive, meanwhile, is likelier to plump for Long-Bailey.

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
Which is quite ironic when Labour, the SNP, et al made much noise about Boris being made PM on the say so of a few hundred thousand of the blue rinse brigade., but potentially HM's loyal Opposition is being decided on the say so of 5,000 Marxists and Communists, and a few dozen Committee members of certain unions.

I love democracy in action . . .

The GMB on Nandy & Rayner. (No member vote)

The NUM on Nandy & Rayner (No member vote)

USDAW on choosing Starmer (No member vote)

ASLEF on who chooses their candidate (no member vote)
No doubt we will have headlines and leader opinion pieces in the media telling us that the leader of HM's Loyal Opposition is elected by a tiny number of people? Maybe someone will help me out by posting links to said articles.

craven50

War Hero
Is she real! If I had her intelligence
Truly, she is the saviour of the Labour Party:

'Labour had "a great set of policies" at the general election but got its "messaging" wrong, Rebecca Long-Bailey has told the BBC. . . .'

I
To be fair, he didn’t need to break sweat to achieve it. She always seems to be on the verge of exploding - I wonder if she takes tablets for her stress levels?
Overdosing hopefully.

Tribute to Jess Philips (kinda):

Latest Threads