The News Is Not Getting Any Better For G4S

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by Mr_Fingerz, Jul 11, 2013.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Mr_Fingerz

Mr_Fingerz LE Book Reviewer

2. Not a lot of reporting on this yet, it was on the radio today and the Guardian has the story online. Chris Grayling "told MPs he has asked the Serious Fraud Office to investigate G4S" after offering them the chance of a voluntary forensic investigation, which "G4S refused on Wednesday. G4S also refused to withdraw their bid for the next generation of tagging contracts worth £3bn (while SERCO stuck their hands up and withdrew)". G4S Investigation Solutions and their Compliance services, could do with the investigative work, but haven't been asked. Ironic isn't it, security, investigators and compliance services under investigation.

The sums involved with this alleged overcharging are reported to be significant. Best wait til after the SFO have finished, while delaying safe bets on guilt and hoping our illustrious Guv's cozy relationships with (yet more) private crooks won't get in the way.
  3. What astounds me is does nobody within the appropriate Government Dept check / vet and periodically randomly audit invoices received from such companies for such contracts before payments are authorised .
    • Like Like x 1
  4. I for one am a stanch supporter of Group 4 as the more hours it's guards spend plodding aimlessly around supermarkets, the less time they get to spend 419'ing the rest of us.
    • Like Like x 1
  5. Wordsmith

Wordsmith LE Book Reviewer

It would appear they did - they just did the square root of fcuk all about it.

G4S and Serco: Taxpayers overcharged by tens of millions over electronic tagging - Telegraph

Not that the problem was difficult to spot in the first place.

Good odds this sort of overcharging is rife in the public sector. If the checks aren't done properly, companies hungry for profit will take the p*ss.

6. just been on the 6 oclock news that this could go back as afar as 1999. claiming for tagging the dead as well how far down can they go
  7. opps posted twice
  8. G4S declined the offer to have their books looked at? I bet they ******* did!
    • Like Like x 1
  9. Well hopefully not only should G4S be investigated but also the appropriate Govt Departments for dereliction of duty or misuse of public funds .... or something like that ... however in the real world they will not ... stand by for " Lessons will be learned ... procedures will be improved ... blaa di blaa " .
  10. Mr_Fingerz

Mr_Fingerz LE Book Reviewer

WTF has that got to do with this thread?
  11. What the hell? Every contract I have ever signed as an outside contractor includes wording to the effect that the client has the absolute right to examine my books - relevant to them - at any time, without warning.
  12. seaweed

seaweed LE Book Reviewer

Calm down, Bouncy, I'm sure Kent Police are looking into it.
  13. Troubled security firm G4S has agreed to repay £108.9m plus tax to the UK government after overcharging on contracts to tag offenders.
    The payment is higher than the £24m offered last year by G4S, which faces a fraud inquiry into the tagging scandal.