• ARRSE have partnered with Armadillo Merino to bring you an ARRSE exclusive, generous discount offer on their full price range.
    To keep you warm with the best of Merino gear, visit www.armadillomerino.co.uk and use the code: NEWARRSE40 at the checkout to get 40% off!
    This superb deal has been generously offered to us by Armadillo Merino and is valid until midnight on the the 28th of February.

THE NEW ULTIMATE-FORCE WEBSITE - UPDATE

chimera

LE
Moderator
#1
For those intrepid ARSSE members who have a GSM bar for operations on the old Ultimate Force site, I checked out the new site....

Total number of subscribers - 85. Average number of user per day - 4!!!!

Mission Accomplished!!
 
#2
chimera said:
For those intrepid ARSSE members who have a GSM bar for operations on the old Ultimate Force site, I checked out the new site....

Total number of subscribers - 85. Average number of user per day - 4!!!!

Mission Accomplished!!
And three out of the four users were YOU chimera eh :wink:
 
#15
I'm not against it.

I would really like to see it succeed but I do wonder why it isn't taking off. One theory is that soldiers like to do their bitching anonymously and outside the wire.

The tumbleweed rolling through the silent 'Tell us what you think of R Sigs' topic on ArmyNET (0 replies to date) is thrown into stark contrast by the Blandford Appreciation Society that set itself up here on arrse.

Some groups do have their own forums but I wonder how well they work.

Anyone else have any thoughts?
 
#16
is that soldiers like to do their bitching anonymously and outside the wire
That's where the problem lies.

No matter what is done officially to provide somewhere for debate and banter, they were on to a losing run as soon as they stuck the disclaimer on the front page... This is a monitored proprietary system for authorised users only. Access by unauthorised individuals is prohibited and is an offence under the
Computer Misuse Act 1990. If monitoring reveals evidence of misuse or criminal activity, it will be used to support disciplinary and/or legal proceedings.

*CLICK* 99% of Squaddies then consider themselves 'at work' when theyre on that site, and therefore look elsewhere.


Regulation, not Intimidation. ARRSE provides Regulation, but no intimidation
 
#17
stickybomb said:
I'm not against it.

I would really like to see it succeed but I do wonder why it isn't taking off. One theory is that soldiers like to do their bitching anonymously and outside the wire.

The tumbleweed rolling through the silent 'Tell us what you think of R Sigs' topic on ArmyNET (0 replies to date) is thrown into stark contrast by the Blandford Appreciation Society that set itself up here on arrse.

Some groups do have their own forums but I wonder how well they work.

Anyone else have any thoughts?
I agree. I don't think Armynet was established to provide a forum as an alternative to ARRSE. We should therefore not see it as a threat. I believe the forums section is there for a different purpose - I wouldn't use it to bitch about something etc, (that's for this site) but if I wanted to ask a pay question or postings etc, I would. Where I think Armnet is good is the opportunity it provides to units to publish information or get information off it such as for Telic etc. Pay statements are a huge bonus and something the RN or RAF certainly haven't provided to their guys.

I think it is early days yet. I think the problem is the fact that the Army brass aren't ready for the internet age. If my Regiment's COs are anything to go by, they still prefer to use the trusty "speckled hen" type of email facility. Armynet is similar to "horses and water" - you can provide the chain of command a solution to their problems - you can't make them adopt it. Good effort so far though. :)
 
#18
Balkanexpress wrote

Where I think Armnet is good is the opportunity it provides to units to publish information or get information off it such as for Telic etc. Pay statements are a huge bonus and something the RN or RAF certainly haven't provided to their guys.
Being a frequent visitor to the site in question and also having gone on more tours than feckin Easy Jet I am astounded that you actually believe that a pay staement arriving on line;and frequently behind, is acceptable?

The saddest thing is that all information from DCI's to Pay statements arrive later than required no matter what format utilised in their promulgation.
 
#19
Letterwritingman said:
Balkanexpress wrote

Where I think Armnet is good is the opportunity it provides to units to publish information or get information off it such as for Telic etc. Pay statements are a huge bonus and something the RN or RAF certainly haven't provided to their guys.
Being a frequent visitor to the site in question and also having gone on more tours than feckin Easy Jet I am astounded that you actually believe that a pay staement arriving on line;and frequently behind, is acceptable?

The saddest thing is that all information from DCI's to Pay statements arrive later than required no matter what format utilised in their promulgation.
There is no excuse for anything being late. However, if someone provides you with a car and you still turn up late for a meeting...you can't blame the car if its your fault. When has anything ever arrived on time in the Army? The problem lies with those who have the responsibility to put it on the system. A classic is a post which stated that Job Lists will be online by 01 Mar - yet they still haven't appeared. This is Glasgow (again) failing to publish information on the system. The technology is there, the door is open...all the fools have to do is walk in and hey presto - you're in.
 

Latest Threads

New Posts