• ARRSE have partnered with Armadillo Merino to bring you an ARRSE exclusive, generous discount offer on their full price range.
    To keep you warm with the best of Merino gear, visit www.armadillomerino.co.uk and use the code: NEWARRSE40 at the checkout to get 40% off!
    This superb deal has been generously offered to us by Armadillo Merino and is valid until midnight on the the 28th of February.

The new TA

#1
So will we continue as before or will follow demands:

i.e. cheap casual labour from the northern UK and ditching yeomanry regiments.

A fundamental change of the territorial ethos
 
#2
polar said:
So will we continue as before or will follow demands:

i.e. cheap casual labour from the northern UK and ditching yeomanry regiments.

A fundamental change of the territorial ethos
Please elaborate, do you mean the Royal Signals yeomanry or RAC? If its the latter where have you discovered this?
 
#4
msr said:
Have you actually read any of the posts made here in the last few years?
Regularly. However, having had a quick dig around the internet I have now realised that some of those Royal Signals regiments being chopped are yeomanrys (Until 5 minutes ago I was only aware of the ICCYs being R sigs yeomanry). I've been away for a few days so have not been keeping up as usual, I just wanted to know if there had been further cuts I wasn't aware of.
 
#5
Countrylad said:
msr said:
Have you actually read any of the posts made here in the last few years?
Regularly. However, having had a quick dig around the internet I have now realised that some of those Royal Signals regiments being chopped are yeomanrys (Until 5 minutes ago I was only aware of the ICCYs being R sigs yeomanry). I've been away for a few days so have not been keeping up as usual, I just wanted to know if there had been further cuts I wasn't aware of.
That comment was aimed at Polar...
 
#6
msr said:
Countrylad said:
msr said:
Have you actually read any of the posts made here in the last few years?
Regularly. However, having had a quick dig around the internet I have now realised that some of those Royal Signals regiments being chopped are yeomanrys (Until 5 minutes ago I was only aware of the ICCYs being R sigs yeomanry). I've been away for a few days so have not been keeping up as usual, I just wanted to know if there had been further cuts I wasn't aware of.
That comment was aimed at Polar...
Ah, my mistake. Apologies offered if required.
 
#7
msr said:
Countrylad said:
msr said:
Have you actually read any of the posts made here in the last few years?
Regularly. However, having had a quick dig around the internet I have now realised that some of those Royal Signals regiments being chopped are yeomanrys (Until 5 minutes ago I was only aware of the ICCYs being R sigs yeomanry). I've been away for a few days so have not been keeping up as usual, I just wanted to know if there had been further cuts I wasn't aware of.
That comment was aimed at Polar...
Rsigs recruiting ground Northern England, what else - get rid of the yeomanry
 
#8
Actually the Yeomanry units look quite healthy as far as I can see, certainly they're not being chopped (much) unlike those R Signals units without Yeomanry afflications.

Having a Yeomanry heritage means invariably more people to fight your corner when there is a danger of disbandment, and frankly right now units need all the friends they can get.
 
#16
Dry_Clean_Only said:
Actually the Yeomanry units look quite healthy as far as I can see, certainly they're not being chopped (much) unlike those R Signals units without Yeomanry afflications.
Having a Yeomanry heritage means invariably more people to fight your corner when there is a danger of disbandment, and frankly right now units need all the friends they can get.
I'd wait and see the results of the next week or two, think downsizing rather than chopped
 
#18
msr said:
That comment was aimed at Polar...
What I meant is who are, cheap casual northern labour or civies who want to do their bit. Thats what I believe the TA is now, I don't agree with it. I joined the same TA regiment (D Coy 3 WFR) as my Great Grandfather - and take a lot of pride with that. He joined pre 1908 - had 'holidays' in Buxton and Srborough
 

Latest Threads

New Posts