The new TA

Discussion in 'Army Reserve' started by polar, May 12, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. So will we continue as before or will follow demands:

i.e. cheap casual labour from the northern UK and ditching yeomanry regiments.

A fundamental change of the territorial ethos

2. Please elaborate, do you mean the Royal Signals yeomanry or RAC? If its the latter where have you discovered this?

3. msr

msr LE

Have you actually read any of the posts made here in the last few years?

4. Regularly. However, having had a quick dig around the internet I have now realised that some of those Royal Signals regiments being chopped are yeomanrys (Until 5 minutes ago I was only aware of the ICCYs being R sigs yeomanry). I've been away for a few days so have not been keeping up as usual, I just wanted to know if there had been further cuts I wasn't aware of.

5. msr

msr LE

That comment was aimed at Polar...

6. Ah, my mistake. Apologies offered if required.

7. Rsigs recruiting ground Northern England, what else - get rid of the yeomanry

8. Actually the Yeomanry units look quite healthy as far as I can see, certainly they're not being chopped (much) unlike those R Signals units without Yeomanry afflications.

Having a Yeomanry heritage means invariably more people to fight your corner when there is a danger of disbandment, and frankly right now units need all the friends they can get.

9. I can now reveal its all a plot to get rid of Polar.

10. But which one ??? :crying:

11. Both of you.

12. I'm with Spaz on this :twisted:

13. so does that mean that 80 signal squadron cheshire YEOMANRY is safe?

14. msr

msr LE

No. As part of 33SR it has gone.

Mind you it was never recruited beyond Tp size anyway.

msr

15. Does this mean we can start a (probably short lived) Yeomanry war, RAC v Sigs?

Cav being best, of course!!