The New SoS for Defence

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by Chief489, Jun 5, 2009.

1. He's Fantastic!

0 vote(s)
  2. Yes.

3. No.

4. I'd rather it was a monkey in the chair

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Gordon Brown has just announced in his Press Conference that the new SoS is hugely popular within the armed forces. Judging by some of the other posts on here, I'm not entirely sure......
    So lets let the journo's that hang around these hallowed halls some decent info. Simple Poll:

The New SoS - like him or not?

Over to you!
  2. It doesn't really matter who it is, their mind isn't going to be on the job when then know they won't have a job in a years time
  3. Who?

Can't we please have Caroline Flint for the last few months before they get chucked out? At least she looks reasonably good in a skirt (not a description that could be applied to Bob Ainsworth)
  4. Bob Ainsworth is a cretinous minnow. But most of the cabinet are...

Such a shame - Hutton did seem to have a good grasp of the job.
  5. oh come on, she resigned 5 mins keep up
  6. Great. A trade unionist and marxist, just what the position requires. I'm sure the Armed Forces will be well supported.

Alternatively BOHICA (Bend Over Here It Comes Again)
  7. Been done earlier HERE

... but without the poll
  8. Yes, I know that but that was from her Europe job; thereby leaving her free for Defence! However, having just seen the "window dressing" comment in her resignation letter then I'm guessing it's unlikely.