• This is a stand-to for an incoming competition, one of our most expensive yet.
    Later this week we're going to be offering the opportunity to Win £270 Rab Neutrino Pro military down jacket
    Visit the thread at that link above and Watch it to be notified as soon as the competition goes live

The New Robin Hood

#1
Any opinions to be had on BBC 1's revisiting of the classic story?

Personally, I was quite looking forward to this but was taken aback to find Robin looking about 12 years old despite supposedly returning from years of Crusades' combat. He was not exactly grizzled, despite Colonel Tim Collins serving as on-set advisor and (according to his account in The Mail on Sunday) getting him to act like the Lion of Pansjir.

I yielded the remote to the memsahib after about 10 minutes on deciding that this version was not so much men in tights as complete pants. Anyone more impressed out there who can convince me it's worth another shot next week?
 
A

armadillo

Guest
#3
No cars, living green, taxed to high heaven, a despot dictator , troops way on wars as part of crusades, rough justice ,its nothing like real life

OOer Armadillo
 
#4
armadillo said:
No cars, living green, taxed to high heaven, a despot dictator , troops way on wars as part of crusades, rough justice ,its nothing like real life

OOer Armadillo
Hee, hee. Well put Armadillo. Not only are the troops away, they are away fighting Muslims, people being imprisoned without trial... in fact I think I'll change my Hee, hee to a Boo hoo! :cry:
 

Mr Happy

LE
Moderator
#5
it looked like a pile of pants in the ads and didn't bother clicking to watch it. Mrs H asked how many times you can remake the same story...
 
#6
Mr Happy said:
it looked like a pile of pants in the ads and didn't bother clicking to watch it. Mrs H asked how many times you can remake the same story...
Don't know, how many times have you been telling her about the furry rabbit you saw hurt on your way back from the pub and had to take to Mrs Tiggywinkle's ER? Where the nurse kissed you for being kind but unfortunately spilled medical alcohol on your clothes, causing you to step back sharply onto a display of bio-friendly cosmetics resulting in a lipstick mark on your collar...

I quite liked it because it was funny, nay even witty and my three year old daughter liked it - especially the gruesome hanging scenes. However she did ask when dr Who was going to be on again so not a complete success on the Fenianette's part! :twisted:
 
#7
Maid marion is a moose and the soundtrack lacks any form of synth-based Clannad.

It's shoite - and I bet Herne never makes an appearance.
 
#8
It failed to live up to its own hype.

Maid Marion of Mooseshire would only get it after a LOT of beer. Robin Hood looks like the sort of chav druggie scum I see daily on the streets of Blackpool.

Bring back "Maid Marion and her merry men"
 
#9
floppyjocky said:
It failed to live up to its own hype.

Maid Marion of Mooseshire would only get it after a LOT of beer. Robin Hood looks like the sort of chav druggie scum I see daily on the streets of Blackpool.

Bring back "Maid Marion and her merry men"
Was that a 70's porn film?
 

Mr Happy

LE
Moderator
#10
Cuddles said:
Don't know, how many times have you been telling her about the furry rabbit you saw hurt on your way back from the pub and had to take to Mrs Tiggywinkle's ER? Where the nurse kissed you for being kind but unfortunately spilled medical alcohol on your clothes, causing you to step back sharply onto a display of bio-friendly cosmetics resulting in a lipstick mark on your collar...
Bloody hell Cuddles, are you that nurse?
 
#12
I have to agree that Robin looks a bit rough. The sherif of nottingham could do with a slap and as for the moose you are all refering to my mates pet rat is probably be better looking.
 
#13
floppyjocky said:
It failed to live up to its own hype.

Maid Marion of Mooseshire would only get it after a LOT of beer. Robin Hood looks like the sort of chav druggie scum I see daily on the streets of Blackpool.

Bring back "Maid Marion and her merry men"
I'll second that! :D
 
#14
Mr Happy said:
Cuddles said:
Don't know, how many times have you been telling her about the furry rabbit you saw hurt on your way back from the pub and had to take to Mrs Tiggywinkle's ER? Where the nurse kissed you for being kind but unfortunately spilled medical alcohol on your clothes, causing you to step back sharply onto a display of bio-friendly cosmetics resulting in a lipstick mark on your collar...
Bloody hell Cuddles, are you that nurse?
Might be....

Look here, calling Maid Marian a moose just exposes you all for the shirt-lifting, sub-size, boyish figured modelizers that you all are. She is healthy and far from moose like, possibly a fallow but more on the roe side. I'd definitely clash antlers with the others and then rut her, barking and calling while my little white scut twitched around, hooves slithering over her back, horns clashing against horns....mmmm...I think I need a salt-lick and a lie down.
 
#16
Cuddles said:
Mr Happy said:
Cuddles said:
Don't know, how many times have you been telling her about the furry rabbit you saw hurt on your way back from the pub and had to take to Mrs Tiggywinkle's ER? Where the nurse kissed you for being kind but unfortunately spilled medical alcohol on your clothes, causing you to step back sharply onto a display of bio-friendly cosmetics resulting in a lipstick mark on your collar...
Bloody hell Cuddles, are you that nurse?
Might be....

Look here, calling Maid Marian a moose just exposes you all for the shirt-lifting, sub-size, boyish figured modelizers that you all are. She is healthy and far from moose like, possibly a fallow but more on the roe side. I'd definitely clash antlers with the others and then rut her, barking and calling while my little white scut twitched around, hooves slithering over her back, horns clashing against horns....mmmm...I think I need a salt-lick and a lie down.
Someone has been spending far too much time watching Autumnwatch!
 
#17
RTFQ said:
Maid marion is a moose and the soundtrack lacks any form of synth-based Clannad.

It's shoite - and I bet Herne never makes an appearance.
RTFQ, just because a woman towers over you (at 5'6" or so - in high heels, uphill) doesn't make her a moose. Go find a mess barmaid...at least then you can climb onto a high stool!
 

Similar threads

New Posts

Top