The New PFA and the TA

The next time anyone asks me what the relationship between the regular and reserve forces are like, I’ll point them towards this thread.

Ok....a few things out of the way -

1) I have no dramas passing a PFA
2) I'm not trying to dodge it
3) Not a barrack room lawyer!
4) I know the proposed content of the new PFA- just not the standards.
5) I've asked my PSI

Essentially, does anyone know how the new PFA will actually be roled out to the reserves and how it's going to work? Apparently the PFA is gone from January.....but no-one in the TA seems to know.

Essentially, to put a civvy spin on it, I just want to know where the goalposts are for my appraisal at the end of the training year - if that makes sense.

Cheers.

P
Hey, fatty bum bum
Your sweet sugar dumplin'
Hey, fatty bum bum
Let me tell you something

No not because you're so big and fat
Don't believe I'm afraid of that
A safe place is no recommendation
I'm lookin' for creation

Hey, fatty bum bum
Hey, fatty bum bum

Tell me, I look like I must
Or wanna want thy bread
I wouldn't stop trying till I drop down dead
Never let your big size fool you
The cooler day as I cool you

Tell me, I look like I must
Or wanna want thy bread
I wouldn't stop trying till I drop down dead
Never let your big size fool you
The cooler day as I cool you
Hey, fatty bum bum
Hey, fatty bum bum

No not because you're so big and fat
Don't believe I'm afraid of that
A safe place is no recommendation
I'm lookin' for creation

Hey, fatty bum bum
Hey, fatty bum bum

Think how many times you have needed a Scottish invention (penicillin} you ungrateful ill-educated reg
St Mary's Paddington is in London - nowhere near Scotland. The chap who serendipitously discovered (not invented) it it may well have been a PW but that's largely incidental.

Anyway does anyone have solid news on the OP's query.

Last edited:
I thought of tagging @spaz et al but knew they'd find this thread of his own accord and keep us wretched hobbyists in check, much like 5Alpha (@Bile-Spewer ) @Geordie_Blerk(Sp?) and other 'ARABs' in days of yore, although, thankfully, I haven't heard 'ARAB' in a looooong time, J-Button refers...

So, any chance of a fcuking answer from anyone for the original question?

Didn't think so...

ARABs: You must achieve the standards, you wretches!

STABs: Ok, what are the standards?

ARABs: ...

STABs: Hello? Anyone? Hello...?

Etc...

It's like 2003 in here.

I thought of tagging @spaz et al but knew they'd find this thread of his own accord and keep us wretched hobbyists in check, much like 5Alpha (@Bile-Spewer ) @Geordie_Blerk(Sp?) and other 'ARABs' in days of yore, although, thankfully, I haven't heard 'ARAB' in a looooong time, J-Button refers...

Didn't think so...

Etc...

It's like 2003 in here.
I don't care, I signed off and am on gardening leave. You can all go and fúck yourselves.

Didn't think so...

Etc...

It's like 2003 in here.
I’ve already facking answered!! If the policy comes in to play, then we all take it up. There is no Regular/AR divide any more

I don't care, I signed off and am on gardening leave. You can all go and fúck yourselves.
Cheers mate, just you leave me with CAARPS, thanks for ******* nothing.

How much longer do you have?

My info is correct as at a couple of months ago. The new fitness tests are being phased in. Combat first. Policy for Army Reserve (and significant areas of the new policy) is yet to be signed off. Implemention plan to follow once this has been agreed.

the one Army HQ lives on
Yerrrs. . .

Some might suggest that was always the problem.

Just because they shared (it would be argued out of necessity) the same uniform, weapons and equipment, it was thought by those with little imagination, knowledge, or experience, that the TA and Regulars were two interchangeable component parts of the same "animal" :( !!

I am new beginning to think - particularly with the (increasing) possiblity of civil unrest - that a distinction/differentiation between the (newly re-formed) TA (for domestic employment), and Regular Army (for deployment overseas), would be appropriate, such as exists in the USA between their National Guard, and the US Army.

dunno about the fitness test, but I predict the AR/TA in its current guise will be finished within a decade. The penny is starting to drop regarding how inefficient and how little capability the reserve actually offers for amount it costs.

I predict multi-capbadge embedded reserve sub-units in reg units, thereby getting rid of the RHQs, the FTRS, the PSAOs etc and all of the reserve specific enablers...

The PFA and CFT for the Regular Reserve remains unchanged.

I am new beginning to think - particularly with the (increasing) possiblity of civil unrest - that a distinction/differentiation between the (newly re-formed) TA (for domestic employment), and Regular Army (for deployment overseas), would be appropriate, such as exists in the USA between their National Guard, and the US Army.
On the same planet which Army HQ inhabits maybe. The USNG have about as much competence with public order duties as Capita does in recruiting effectively.

The AR should be the reserve of choice for all military tasks. If troops need deploying domestically, then regular forces should be the lead in this.

Ironically there are a number of domestic tasks that the reserve should have the lead on; however, not to replace regular personnel but to provide a capability that, in it's infintite wisdom, MoD and wider HMG have completely chinned off over the last 20 years. But that's another story.....

I predict multi-capbadge embedded reserve sub-units in reg units, thereby getting rid of the RHQs, the FTRS, the PSAOs etc and all of the reserve specific enablers...
DD has it. This is the future that works and always has been. We have to fcuk about spunking tax payers money for a decade or so first, of course.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Commentator The Intelligence Cell 551
C Army Reserve 7
AlienFTM The NAAFI Bar 63