the new panther

Discussion in 'RAC' started by Cav_Tank, May 12, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. just on my d&m cvrt at bovi at the mo an i saw the new panther man that thing can shift it stayed behind us in the spartan an i drive like an idiot lol any ways any one know who is gettng it an when its due in service ???

2. It is being issued to those members of society that don't murder the Queen's english by lack of punctuation and pathetic grammar.

fings aint wot they used to be........

fastmedic

3. If you have someone close to you who can write- tell them what you want to say. then have them write it out for you and repost your question or point.
    Afterwards...you should consider trying to learn simple grammar.
    Though I would think in your case, learning to walk upright while chewing gum is probably more of a priority.

4. 'Tis an interesting vehicle inside. Very comfy seats, but if the computer goes, it's pointless. Seems to be very capable as long as it works, I think battle group staff wold like it.

NTM

5. sorry to those ppl i may offend for my poor grammer but i do have to words to ya **** YOU i had shit education due to my own fault but hey shit happens right dont like dont reply that simple

6. o thanks cali tanker for the reply mate much welcomed

7. Info here though I don't think it's been updated for a while.

8. cheers sixfour was very informative

9. Hmmmmm
    Couldn't beat the chundering, gut wrenching feeling as one was cabbied round the war in the back of a Sultan. Liked the article though and hey......
    'The MLV is powered by an Iveco 186bhp common rail diesel engine, certified to Euro III emission levels'
    Yeah, like the average Battle Group really gives a sh*t about the environment!!!

"I say chaps, what's that enemy wallah doing over there??"
    "Having a brew sir, by the looks of it!!"
    "Having a brew? B*gger!! Get a tactical Nuke down on that position NOW dammit!!!"

10. Sorry to burst the bubble on this one, but this vehicle is as much use as a chocolate fire guard for the role it is going to be used in.

In fact, an expensive chocolate fire guard,
    no, a very badly designed expensive chocolate fire guard.

This would have made a good replacement for the Snatch2a, but not for armour. Not by a long shot. I was involved last July with this project and I raised some serious issues - bearing in mind this was in the design stage - I was told that the issues had already been raised but the vehicle had been signed off on so to get back in my box.

It will all come out in the was and you will ask the same questions that I did, WHY ON EARTH DO IT LIKE THAT????? It is so badly designed inside its not even funny.

The vehicle in the same role as the Snatch would be great, really good. BUT THAT WOULD BE IT!!!!

BG.

11. Except that Snatch has still got enough room in the back to carrysoldiers!

12. A light armoured vehicle with a canvas roof? Is it just me?

13. ugly

ugly LE Moderator

I dont think it has a canvas roof, bullet proof brown paper perhaps but on a serious note why a Hummer clone and why are we still looking at car derived vehicles when something like a Rattel or Buffalo would be better!

14. It's a Bosnia car really isn't it? Mine resistant but otherwise not particularly armoured.

I would think it's based on light truck parts rather than being "car derived".

15. ugly

ugly LE Moderator

Just the back bit then, ncos only in the front I take it!